• Good Idea?

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • Bad Idea?

Votes: 20 40.0%
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Did it with two different sites back when i first moved to CT and knew absolutely NOBODY, and everybody at work was married. Worked great. The "stigma" associated with it is gone...do it.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
sV-harmony worked for me ;D
Wow....where is this so called SV-Harmony?

I agree that it depends what you're looking for, and which service you intend on using. Adult activities, a fling, life long love....

I've had at least one friend get married to a girl that he met on eHarmony. I've talked with several people who have used it. And I know countless people who have used Yahoo/Match/Chemistry to meet and date. I can't really speak for their success because most of them are still single:rolleyes:

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
It may work, it may not. At the very least it opens that door. Why should you limit yourself to meeting people who are just in your general locale? You could even meet someone who is down the street but you'd never meet them under any other circumstance.

I did it and had success.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
It ain't cheap, but it works.

I'll PM you my paypal and pricing information. ;D
??? Sounds like one of those crazy pyramid schemes:mad: LOL

I think Silversx is right....if nothing else, it opens doors.

I didn't meet my ex-husband through a dating site, but we got into a heated discussion in a Chevy/Ford thread one day, and two years later we were married;D

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
It is like anything, it is what you make of it. Just go into it with an open mind and see what happens. I think overall online dating gets a bad image sometimes. I would agree its getting much more common and accepted now. I would think its no different than regular dating though. I wouldn't be surprised if I went on 10 dates if only 2 of them really worked out to have any potential. Don't expect the results to be any better for online dating. Hopefully you can weed out half of those before hand without spending money on dinner at least ... lol.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I say go for it. You'll get out of it what you put into it, just dont expect miracles.
I met my current g/f through one of the free sites (she paid for a membership) and we've been together for over a year.
I met some weirdos through it as well. If anything, you at least get a good story to tell after you meet the weird ones.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
I say go for it. You'll get out of it what you put into it, just dont expect miracles.
I met my current g/f through one of the free sites (she paid for a membership) and we've been together for over a year.
I met some weirdos through it as well. If anything, you at least get a good story to tell after you meet the weird ones.
Seems like the one thing Mike doesn't need any more of, is good stories. ;)

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
My brother just got married to a girl he found on e-harmony (after being a member for 1+ years maybe 2) and yes he does have horror stories (even though he's extreemly picky), only would go on 1 date every couple months (I would say 1 out of every 50 girls were worth communicating with).

I would say Yes and No...but worth checking out.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I dont think anybody seriously expects to find their soul mate immediately through any dating avenue (bar, online, friend of a friend, etc.), but any dating venue is all about opening up opportunities. If you're not meeting women at work, through friends, etc. then its hard to ever find somebody. Online is just a tool to use for an eventual face to face meeting, and then its just like any other date. So...Mike...go for it.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Yeah, but at least these stories would involve meeting women. :p
I, for one, can't wait to hear the stories ;D. A friend of mine (a Capt in the USAF, we used to share an office) asked me about the online dating. He's a very introverted, quiet and soft spoken individual. I told him to go for it. Every Monday morning was hysterical. The best one was about some "biker chick" who apparently was insane... according to Victor. "She scares me!" What was the most funny is that he saw here several times after that, and more scared each time! Imagine the speed dating scene from the 40 Y.O. virgin... Gina. He eventually met a nice girl last year that he's still dating.

If an introverted guy like Vic can have hysterical stories, I can only imagine what a guy like Mike will run in to.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not single, so I have no need but my single friends who have used them have definately gotten some dates, and a few hilarious stories.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Some of my most interseting dates were from online dating. And some of the worst. Online dating allows too much freedom in becoming anyone who you want to be. Including modified pics or I swear they must've been modified as they did not look anything like their pic.

At the very least you'll score some punani.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
I've done it. It's ok. You just have to think about it like, you're not looking for a soul mate, just for cool people to hang out and do stuff with that you wouldn't normally meet, and if something happens, then great. This is the attitude you should have.

Just keep in mind, that for every one decent girl on those things, there's about 4637 guys. And they are all hounding her like crazy. Any even remotely attracive lady is going to get 50 emails a day (no, I'm not exaggerating at all). So if you don't get a response, don't take it personally.

Oh, and try one of the free ones first. No reason to pay for it if you're just trying it out.

At the very least you'll score some punani.
Well, yeah there's that too.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts