Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I low sided my 2002 SV650 a couple of weeks ago and snapped one of my foot pegs. I wasn’t sure what kind of rear set it was at the time, so I had someone machine a replacement. I just figured out they are OSF rear sets, but can’t find any info on where to get parts for them. It took longer than I would have liked to have a replacement made, so I was wondering if anyone may know how to get parts in the future.
Thanks

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I thought I had read that they have since gone out of business.... Their previous domain name is available now so I'd say that's likely the case.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured they weren't in business anymore, but I was hoping maybe there is a secret cache of parts out there someplace. I would prefer not to buy new rearsets, anyone know if there are other pegs out there which may fit?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info I just sent him a message through EBAY and i'm hoping he has replacements.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I will say that some of it isn't that cheap. If you end up bending levers you should really try straightening them - or, if you don't want to do so, send them to me instead of throwing them away.

I straightened that one to pretty much perfect. I used a press first, then a vise and dead blow hammer. Here it is after, next to an un-used spare.

The plates (with the holes for adjusting) were also bent, although nowhere near as severely as the pedal - I wouldn't be willing to straighten something that takes real load that much. I straightened them as well, skipping the press and just using a vise and dead blow.

Ernest Montague, AFM199, helped the guy who makes the rearsets develop them in the first place, and has extensive racing experience on them. He has straightened them many times without problems. I bought the un-used pedal that I have from him because I didn't believe that it would straighten that well, and then managed to get it almost perfect so I just kept using my old one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info.... Lucky for me I only sheared the peg in half and didn't damage the rest of the rearsets.... Looks like I’m going to have to learn how to MacGyver things if I keep the rearsets.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Wow, I'm amazed that you broke the peg without bending anything else.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All I can say is thank you Frame Sliders and Gear.... and I did manage to bend the bars, radiator, brake lever, head lamp and broke about 8 teeth on the rear sprocket..... and only skinned a knee.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
You see the damage done to mine, and that's with frame sliders. Also bent the bars, even though they were fatbars and way stronger than stock. Bent a wheel and brake rotor as well, and would've bent the front brake lever if it wasn't ASV. Plus headlight, turn signals, other cosmetics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts