Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have an excellent web site for SV..I do not remember his name, but I know that he had a blue naked one, with all kinds of mods, more specifically he had a whole page of sound clips of many different exhausts. If I remember correctly he also had some kind of European/British dual head light. I can't remember his name, I can't find his page and I really need it. Please help. I spent about an hour trying to search for it both online and here using the "search" function. I hope that you regulars know who I am talking about. Please help. thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope that is not the one. The one I am looking for is 2nd gen. If I remember correctly I think he has a holeshot installed. But good guess though. Thanks.

·
Registered
456 Posts
You're talking about AvidSVRider, I spent many an hour going over his site. He was updating this summer but I don't know if he ever got it back up. It was something like www.kuhnco.com. I'd suggest a search here for his latest posts to see if has established a new link.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
his name is Adam, his screenname here is AvidSV650Rider or something like that, and his server crashed a couple of months ago...site is down with no plans to rebuild (last I talked to him about it, anyway).

edit: ahh, you beat me to it, jason

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, that would explain my unsuccessful search. That is too bad. I think I found him via google, @ that kuchcho.com or somethinglikethat.

That is really too bad. Very good site.

Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
His site had excellent writing and documentation!

I took it for granted that it would always be there and now that I can use some of that info, it is gone.
He is very busy with school ... think he is in an engineering curriculum of some kind.

Wish he could find a host or even host some of his material on this site as stickies.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
AlexJ said:
I know it isn't the one you are looking for but there is some good info on www.ronlarimer.com
Yes, Ron's site is very good.

I wish I would have saved the info from the site onto a local drive. In the process of switching between 3 different computers, I managed to forget to copy the information. The web hosting company I was using was absolutely terrible, and the crash is what put me over the top with them.

I'm willing to answer any questions you have, but I am by no means an expert and I'm sure there are many on this site that know about the bike than I do. Also, my bike is certainly not the same as it once was on that site. I no longer have the Bate's Dual headlights. I'm currently running the stock headlight, but that will go in favor of a custom built daul HID setup over the winter. I also have a saddle bag framework that uses the passenger seat mounting points now.

I don't have any plans of rebuilding the exhaust website because the clips weren't taken with the same equipment. They were misleading in the sound of each exhaust. Also, you wouldn't believe the volume of emails I got from people trying to order exhausts from me.

These are the latest pictures of my bike:

It will change to British Racing Green this winter.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Adam,

Soo sorry to hear of your woe's. I hope you realize there are allot more people out here that appreciate what you did, than bug you to purchase exhaust. They are just the silent ones.

Your site help me decide on my Akra.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Avid's bike and mine are very similar, I like them both. I can;t wait to see the BRG paint job. I love that color, almost painted my truck that color, but sold it for a bunch with only primer. I have been wanting a deep green bike to be made for a while. Can;t wait.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Avid,

I am glad you are still around. I personally do not need the info (i am in the I4 world now) but a buddy of mine got an 03 silver, naked, and wants a pipe, and of course, I think of your website first. Your bike looks good. I like the clip-ons, and that holeshot looks awesome.

Keep riding, and stay safe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts