Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Nov/051118b-d.htm
The whole editorial is a good read but the last section is the one that got my undies in a bunch. That damn racetrack has been there for DECADES and is an icon in Italian history. I've said it before, I'll say it again - if you know there's a racetrack (or ampitheater or other noisy venue) DON'T MOVE NEXT TO THE DAMN THING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PUT UP WITH IT!! And who the hell is this judge to make a social commentary like that?!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Robsv650 said:
this cant be serious. I really doubt they're going to cancell the Formula 1 race there. CMON GUYS.
Youd be surprised how many places people actually are tryint to get not only noise ordinances but also emission's. You know cuz racing would be as much fun at 45 eco friendly mph as it is 200 who cares we wotn be here when it finally dies mph

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
We all know that loud pipes saves lives, right, no?

I like loud pipes, on the street an on the track

it is possible to run silencers and still make horsepower

·
Registered
270 Posts
God, I hate that. Thta's like moving in right next to a airport, and then wanting to get it shutdown becuase it's to loud. People are stupid. I found this out in my daily expeirences with the people i interact with through work.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
if they want to start silencing race bike than maybe they should enforce the laws regulating noise on the street specifically i refer to harleys. because if the guy who works next to my apartment wakes me up one more damn time with that piece of crap i swear I'll put a .50 cal through his engine.

any way racing with out noise is like sex with out pleasure. they have been trying to shut english town raceway down for the same reason. because all of a sudden people built houses near the track and now they are complaining. my solution if you don't like noise than why the hell would you live near a race track, thats like wiping before you poop it just don't make sense.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
B.a. said:
if they want to start silencing race bike than maybe they should enforce the laws regulating noise on the street specifically i refer to harleys.  because if the guy who works next to my apartment wakes me up one more damn time with that piece of crap i swear I'll put a .50 cal through his engine. 

any way racing with out noise is like sex with out pleasure.  they have been trying to shut english town raceway down for the same reason.  because all of a sudden people built houses near the track and now they are complaining.  my solution if you don't like noise than why the hell would you live near a race track,  thats like wiping before you poop it just don't make sense.
I like loud pipes more than most, and I understand the arguement that you shouldn complain about noise if you buy a house near a track.

However, if race cars/bikes were silenced, it would be easier to get approvals to build MORE tracks

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Flet2 said:
"socially useless?" oh please! what about every other sport in the world...
baseball is my favorite half the team gets paid to sit in the dug out all night. i wish i could get paid that much money to sit around and do nothing.

i also see where your going randy o its a valid point. probally in the end we are going to have to meet half way. maybe semi silenced bikes and a buffer zone around the race track where they can't build houses?

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
a buffer zone around the race track where they can't build houses?
Yeah, that'll happen. ::) Real estate is too much of a big business and people insist on moving to the latest "house farm."

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
arimichael said:
Yeah, that'll happen. ::) Real estate is too much of a big business and people insist on moving to the latest "house farm."
hey i can dream darn it :mad:

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
One of my favourite nightclubs is being forced to close... Property developers bought up all the derelict land around it and built new blocks of flats, but the club's owners refused to sell. Now there's people moving in, and the developers have managed to get an injunction putting a low noise limit on the club after midnight. Here, clubs stay open till 3am, or they go out of business, and the noise limit is so low that it's basically impractical to soundproof for it. Unbelievable that people can move in next door to a nightclub then think they have the right to complain about it.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
i know. like in the county i used to live in a town down from me there was an old dump. they built houses and now people complain about the smell. hello how can you move next to a dump and expect it not to stink.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
B.a. said:
baseball is my favorite half the team gets paid to sit in the dug out all night.  i wish i could get paid that much money to sit around and do nothing.

i also see where your going randy o its a valid point.  probally in the end we are going to have to meet half way.  maybe semi silenced bikes and a buffer zone around the race track where they can't build houses?
most tracks are build on large parcels of land and away from residential areas , but the sound carries, I can't hear NHIS from my house 20 miles away cause there is a mountain in between, at a friends house on the there side of the mountain he is 12 miles away you can count laps sitting in his back yard, on a Nextel Cup weekend. I was at his house once during an indy car race and you could hear those too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts