Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yeah... kinda went mia for a lil while. got caught up in work/etc. but yeah... long story short, lent my svs to my good buddy. so yeah, he gets to go joy riding all he wants... -_- kinda like a b-day present from me if u ask. hehe :lol: so yeah... thinking bout selling this one and get a '04 model??? ne1 w/ suggestions on price range? (for both; to sell the '01 and buy a used '04)

·
Registered
359 Posts
ls14ever said:
Mmm why? What isnt the 01 doing that you think the 04 will do?
+1 - What has prompted the need to change out your bike... Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that you were rather new to riding in the first place.

More information on both the trade-in bike and what you are looking for would help us better understand and help us in assisting you in setting a price.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah guys, you know shes just tired of that 1st gen, and she wants 2nd gen POWAH!! :twisted:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
Spirit of Bunny said:
you know, when people stop posting for awhile, I figure they had a horrible wreck and got killed.
Like OMG! As if!
Ben, I swear, its true. It happened twice at a couple of forums i went to. One was a bike and the other a car forum. I didnt know those guys either, but their accidents I heard were completely avoidable. There was even a little e-memorial setup, with music and pics of them guys. where you could write things like:

RIP or Will ride with you again buddy! or....I'm sure you get it.

Ben, the two of us need look no more...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Well, its moot since she's not. Even so its always more likely that someone just got busy with having a life.

So, why do you want a second gen? You know, besides the obvious that its better looking and makes more power. ;)

Did your buddy crash your 1st gen?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wise man once say:

Spirit of Bunny said:
2nd gens arent where its at anyway. You are solid GOLD with the first gen. Stick with that.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
always the 1st Vs. 2nd Gen battle. :) The new one has a few more "toys." It would be the best if you could test drive one, but I dont know if you can do that where your from, i know you cant here.

·
Registered
198 Posts
princessj said:
lent my svs to my good buddy.
from every horror story ive heard, this is never a good idea, no matter how brilliant a rider they are. does your insurance cover him? does he have an M endorsement? would he be able to compensate you if he crashed? would you hate his guts if he couldnt?

im not your mother, as you probably realize already :p , but that doesnt seem like the best of ideas to me.

as for your "upgrading" -- youre not really gaining anything by trading up, except fuel injection and a different body style (and maybe a couple other odds n ends that are hardly worth mentioning). doesnt really seem worth the hassle to me, but if it makes you happy, go for it i guess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own an 2005 svs and i raced my buddy on his 02, he destroyed me, then we switched bikes and i destroyed him while he was using my bike and i was using his bike, Both bikes were completely stock except my lowers.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So yeah, neway keep yur sv an tel yur bud 2 get his own.

·
Registered
482 Posts
It doesn't matter which you ride as long as it's blue. You want to make sure you're on the fastest and best looking bike, so going blue is easily the best choice, no matter the year. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts