Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A relatively simple question, I hope. I have some Olympia Motosport gear (AST jacket and Ranger 2 pants) that says to handwash only and let drip dry. I also have a Kenmore Series 80 washer that has a "handwash" option. My gear is pretty dirty and I don't really have the space to handwash it myself. Has anyone ran into problems by machine washing theirs, albiet with the handwash option?

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
I've done it a couple of times with a "handwash only" Fieldsheer mesh jacket. One of the pocket zippers has gone bad, but I don't think it had anything to do with machine washing...seems to be a common problem with Fieldsheer stuff, crappy zippers. Fabric itself is fine. Don't forget to remove the armor first.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I've thrown my Olympia Airglide jacket in the washer and dryer. I used the delicate cycle on the washer and low heat on the dryer. The jacket came out fine.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, washed with the "handwash" option and allowed to drip-dry. No damage and it's nice to have clean gear again.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
My Phantom got washed in the tub this winter. Didn't realize how dirty it was until I looked at the water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts