Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to encode the software so that polls that aren't voted on in, say, one month or so are automatically closed? Perhaps a preset timeframe of three months, max.

I'm sure I'm not the only member here who's tired of seeing the "what 2007 color should I get" poll that's popping up 2 years after the OP already bought the bike.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Bump.

Additonally, is there a way to unlink the poll votes from actual posts in the thread? In other words, every time a vote is cast, the thread reappears in my UserCP as if a new post has been made. It's a bit annoying.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
is there a way to make them disappear completely?

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Well, honestly I'm not wanting them to disappear.
I usually unsubscribe to the thread if it gets annoying enough, but then I can miss good posts that show up later.

Good, as in, entertaining. :tard: You know what i mean.

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts

You ask many questions, Grasshoppers.
But is it knowledge you seek, or merely freedom from annoyance?
Perhaps the path to true peace lies through your own hearts.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
I was just trying to get Travis to tell me how he can make things disappear!! Ohh that came out wrong I think.

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
I thought you were up that way a few days ago. I must be corn-fused. :tard:

Perhaps I was, and it it I who is confused. But I don't recall leaving the 216/330/440 area codes in the last month.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
So.... back to the polls.

If Stew can take a look into this, that would be cool.

We now resume our regularly scheduled program.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
This has been discussed once before.

If the original poster does not put an end date in the poll, it is open indefinitely. To date, we have no current way to weed through them besides manually.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
I'm going to look for an old poll to bring back to life just for sh*ts and giggles. ;D

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
If the original poster does not put an end date in the poll, it is open indefinitely.
Right, I understand this part. I'm wondering if there's a way to code it so that new poll votes don't bump the whole thread back up the same way a new post does. Any idea if this is possible to do?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts