Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you guys think the average age for the riders in this forum are. I have heard people tell me that SVs are for the early 20's breed of biker....kinda pissed me off actually.

I myself am almost 29. So I'm not really a full blown old fart yet, maybe just an old SBD, but I'm getting there.

Have any of you guys scheduled rides over the forums, and found out you were the oldest? What is your experience in how groups of varying ages get along for these types of rides? I'm guessing it would get pretty awkward to be surrounded by 5 other younger dudes talking about, "Yo g.....my bike is way faster than yours"...."Nuh uh"

Does anyone have an experience they can discuss?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
NoDak01 said:
I don't know if 41 qualifies me as an old fart, but I've been called a dirty old man many times...
Ditto(31) and ditto. :wink:

S

·
0 Posts
I'm a 31 year old girlie :shock: ... the only girl that rides in my circle of motorcyclists... all the other chicks are skeered :shock: and still ride on the back with their respective hubby's... FORGET that! My hubby has his own bike and I have mine... ROCK ON! :D and I'm gettin' a new bike this weekend... :wink: 2005 VFR..... and I'm gettin' EXCITED!

ohh.. back to the subject at hand... hmmm 31... I don't feel old... should I?????

·
Registered
283 Posts
DougZ said:
NoDak01 said:
I don't know if 41 qualifies me as an old fart, but I've been called a dirty old man many times...
Ditto(31) and ditto. :wink:
Up there with both of you. 37.

Damned whippersnappers!!!! Don't make me cane all of you!! :wink:

V

·
0 Posts
Seems like I remember a thread a while back where everybody posted their age. I'm remembering the average was somewhere in the low 30's.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Fatass SVS said:
I'm vintage 1953. Old fart?
no, cause I'm vintage 1952 and i don't consider myself old

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
Some old dude said:
I'm vintage 1952 and i don't consider myself old
granted, but do others? :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
slappermouth said:
I myself am almost 29. So I'm not really a full blown old fart yet, maybe just an old SBD, but I'm getting there.
As a fellow 29 year old, I have to disagree - and if you call me an old fart again I'll....... I'll......... slapperyamouth! :lol:

·
Registered
247 Posts
35 better not be "old fart" I'm not ready for that yet. From what I've seen, age has less to do with being an old fart than your attitude.

·
Registered
238 Posts
slappermouth said:
Have any of you guys scheduled rides over the forums, and found out you were the oldest? What is your experience in how groups of varying ages get along for these types of rides? I'm guessing it would get pretty awkward to be surrounded by 5 other younger dudes talking about, "Yo g.....my bike is way faster than yours"...."Nuh uh"

·
Registered
238 Posts
slappermouth said:

I'm 28 and been riding with my 55 year old neighbor and he's slow as heck and can't get it that he needs more gear than just a half helmet. A fun guy to sightsee with but no corner carving.

Just recently met up with folk off the forum. Found myself to be the oldest but only by a few years. No probs at all. I think it's just about the type of person. All these guys I met from the site had full gear and rode at about the same pace. Was the 1st time I rode with guys who didn't give me shit about wearing a jacket in 90 degree weather.

P

·
0 Posts

Goin' down hill accordin' to my daughter.

Just pickin' up speed accordin' to my son...

·
Registered
920 Posts
42 here......and a member of the "returning rider" demographic. 12 years married, 12 years into a mortgage, and the salesman asked me why I was looking at a "kids bike" when I was shopping.

He too thought I was more of a "fit" for the cruiser area of the showroom selection. Nothin' against cruisers, I'd like to have one of those too. But the budget only allows for one bike right now....

·
Registered
238 Posts
broke not said:
42 here......and a member of the "returning rider" demographic. 12 years married, 12 years into a mortgage, and the salesman asked me why I was looking at a "kids bike" when I was shopping.

He too thought I was more of a "fit" for the cruiser area of the showroom selection. Nothin' against cruisers, I'd like to have one of those too. But the budget only allows for one bike right now....
At least your "kids" bike doesn't have leather tassels hanging off the handlebars like a goddamned tricycle. :twisted:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts