Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be active on this forum from 2008-2013ish, until I sold my '02 (username "wudscrasher"). Big mistake! A few years ago, I've been looking for my Unicorn, and I finally found it! It's an '03 'S' in the coveted Burning Copper Metallic color, 36,000+ miles, but with a GSXR750 front-end, ZX10 shock, Delkevic exhaust, and a few other goodies. I'd
forgotten how incredible these bikes are, and I got VERY lucky to have it in my garage! Glad to be back, I'm sure I know a few inmates here 馃槣

Registered
Like you, I had a Gen 1 and sold it. And was very sorry. So I chased up a Gen 2 '03 in copper that I'm very pleased with - a definite keeper.

Reactions: CopperFrog

Registered
I have been a member since 2001. Lost my SV650S 2001 in a fire. Have bought another one, but it is a U.S. spec, the first was Canadian. There are a number of differences between the two. Don't have a smart phone to show you. But I am thinking, that there has been some serious component changing going on. It has a much bigger battery, goes into the space where the steel plate was above the battery, with electronic boxes.??? Seems electronics are an add on? Anyone know of non OEM electronics?

Anyone know if there is any physical difference between U.S. and Canadian models?

Sounds awful when I shut it off, like a big hammering from the piston coming up. Not steel on steel just a shuddering, so gotta check the timing. Has way less power than the first. The first had an Arrow, big bore, titanium, track pipe and muffler, they used them on the racing bikes. The local track required a little more baffling to meet decibel requirements.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Dave King

Attachments

Registered
Wow, looks like your unicorn has the coveted Scottoiler on it :LOL: Some members here were just discussing that feature. I can't say I ever thought of putting one on an SV, or any sportbike, but here it is again. GSXR front end, Oxford grips, this thing really is loaded! Besides the rear tire greaser, that thing looks sweet, I bet you're going to love riding an SV again (y)

edit: thank God I had that wrong, that was you! Oh man, good thing those aren't making the rounds

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, looks like your unicorn has the coveted Scottoiler on it :LOL: Some members here were just discussing that feature. I can't say I ever thought of putting one on an SV, or any sportbike, but here it is again. GSXR front end, Oxford grips, this thing really is loaded! Besides the rear tire greaser, that thing looks sweet, I bet you're going to love riding an SV again (y)

edit: thank God I had that wrong, that was you! Oh man, good thing those aren't making the rounds
That was me. I ditched the oiler! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts