Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the front sproket is 105ft/lbs and the rear nuts are 43.5ft/lbs. Now for the clip they say use a press tool for the plate instead of vice grips is there any other way to press the plate on?? C-clamp maybe??? Anyone??? Oh it's an RK 520XSO chain if that's relevant to the topic?? Will be doing this on Tuesday.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If your talking about a clip then you can use pliers or vice grips... just about anything. If its a rivet type, just buy the tool or have it done, dont try to short cut it. Just not worth the hastle.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I used a pair of vicegrips to hold down the plate (make sure its flush with the other plates) and then used needle nosed pliers to pop on the clip. Make sure clip is on properly (instructions on back of box should have picture, I had the same chain).

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh Okay Evil sounds great. Last night I painted my rear sproket satin black, looks real sharp too!!! Oil today, plugs and chain tomorrow!!

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Nexus242 said:
Oh Okay Evil sounds great.   Last night I painted my rear sproket satin black, looks real sharp too!!!   Oil today, plugs and chain tomorrow!! 
I've been painting my sprockets too lately, what kind of paint you been using? I've had great luck with engine block ceramic paint, resists chemicals and oils and whatnot. The paint on the sprockets have been holding up fine (excluding the part where the chain touches).

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rust-oleum Satin, same thing I used on my rear pegs and kick plates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts