Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. Ive uppgraded the forks... put heavier springs and oil in there and WOW, it made a difference, and what a difference it made!!!

Then i put a gsxr shock on the back.. took a bit of work, and a bit of tuning , but now that its right.. HOLLY MOLLY.. my bike is a whole new bike. Its fecking awesome.

I put Glafer brake lines on the front, the feedback and braking control feels alot more at home and .. well just all round much better.

but what next? What should i give my sv next? After feelign these improvments im addicted and want to bring my baby up again to another level of performance.

what do you suggest?

·
Registered
105 Posts
well damm..with the suspension taken care of...start givin the motor a bit more power if ya havent already. The lil extra power im making with my exhaust and intake mods feel really nice!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
A track day.

But seriously, what do you feel needs improving? What is the bike doing wrong?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what does th r6 throttle tube do for the bike and how does it do it? im curious

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yeah, and thanks for the responses

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
AndrewF said:
what does th r6 throttle tube do for the bike and how does it do it? im curious
it's a quicker ratio for the throttle, basically less twist for more throttle, bolt on for the 99-02's and slight modification for the 03-up, $13 at the dealer

·
Registered
606 Posts
You need dogbones, we can help! :!:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DucOwner, you have a pm.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Yup, nice shiny dogbones next... And maybe different pads for the front? Not sure what people recommend for K5s though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ive been wonderign about brake pads actually. Do they make them much better than the stock ones without requiring high op temperatures and without weargin too quickly? any suggestions for soem top notch pads?

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I always used EBC HH with mine, which aren't considered top notch from what I've read but worked well for me... I'm sure they accelerate disc wear but not to the point it caused me any concern.

·
Registered
26 Posts
AndrewF said:
What should i give my sv next? After feelign these improvments im addicted and want to bring my baby up again to another level of performance.

what do you suggest?
I agree, probably trackday, wheels and super-sticky tires.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no, it wouldnt require a different chain. i wonder what it would do for the bike though, up acceleration?? much? not much?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts