Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, i knew i wanted an sv look all over, found a guy out of state..............a suzuki dealer even who had the bike i wanted a 2003 suzuki sv650s copper color. i get the bike and the fender was cracked he didnt tell me that it also had been repainted the whole bike that is. a different color copper than the oem. so first off no one should every buy anything from peak performance in mankato,minnesota. second can anyone tell me or have any suggestions about repainting back to the oem. since the dealer will do nothing to help me out. thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
stevo - that sucks.  was this bike sold to you as new?  i hope not.  also, hope you didn't pay a great deal for it.  if you bought it used, and this place does not deal suzuki, i wouldn't hold the dealer 100% responsible as they may not know the color and the fender could have been damaged in shipping.  ototh - if they do deal suz - they sound like shysters...  copper is tough to match man.  if you are going to keep the bike and not sue the pants off these guys, i would take this opportunity to make the bike uniquely yours.  paint it the color you really want.  colorite has the closest match for the copper, but they are not cheap.  the bike i own has a copper tank and i bought a close match from my local auto paint store - it's a standard honda car color.  i have not painted the bike yet as i've just got the fiberglass bodywork sorted out - otherwise i'd show you pictures.  if you need a fender, i have an 04 yellow fender with a light scratch - perfect for repainting.  hope things work out for you. jeff h

·
Registered
684 Posts
if it was at a dealer i would speak with the GENERAL MANAGER and try to get you $ back. they should have told you and if they didnt you may have some weight to pull there but as always alot lands on you. like dyna said repaint the whole thing or talk to them and be cool,calm,and honest and see what they can do

1 - 5 of 5 Posts