Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First crash. Won't be the last I'm sure. (cause I'm a dumbass!)

I was riding the local twisties and I lowsided on a right hander, bout 35-40mph. I was surprised how quickly it happened. Front tire hit some gravel right as I set the lean angle and washed out.

I'm ok. Gear did it's job. Banged up my knee but it's barely even swelling so I think I'm good. Got some rash on my forearm and shoulder from where I think my jacket slid across the skin on impact, but not too bad.

Bike is ok minus a few broken parts of course. Bar-end mirror, slider, turn signal, and brake pedal are toast. Rearset is bent and peg is loose and ground down a bit but I think I might be able to get it back to normal. And my fairing and silencer were already rashed up from the previous owner, they're just more rashed up now. :icon_biggrin:

Bilt textile pants are obviously toast but they saved my knee for sure. Bilt leather/mesh jacket held up ok except for the zipper on the right cuff. Sidici Ricci gloves are good, just a small gash on the knuckle. Scorpion Exo 1000 is good, thankfully, just need a new faceshield.

Overall I think I made out pretty well for what was a stupid mistake. I'm in one piece. The bike's in one piece (well, mostly). I was just going too fast for the conditions. I know that road is dirty and I shouldn't have been pushing so hard. I didn't even have my helmet cam on because I was gonna wait until I got to the good stuff. But it was my first day back from a week vacation and I was just overexcited I guess. I'm very thankful as it could've been much worse. And the bike stopped just short of the guardrail so that's good.

It's funny because I knew the first time I went down I would be saying to myself, "Nooooooo!!!!" as I was sliding across the pavement and that's exactly what happened. :icon_biggrin:

Live and learn. Now time to break out the checkbook. :'(

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Rearset is bent and peg is loose and ground down a bit but I think I might be able to get it back to normal. grin:
:'(
Or this is a good time to buy some aftermarket rearsets.

Don't be to certain about crashing again. I rode 23 years without crashing.

Unfortunately I've been riding 36 yrs.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or this is a good time to buy some aftermarket rearsets.

Don't be to certain about crashing again. I rode 23 years without crashing.

Unfortunately I've been riding 36 yrs.
Oh they're from SVRacing, so I think I should be able to bend it back in place. And I'll be able to order the replacement parts I need easily enough (brake pedal, possibly footpeg).

And while yes I'm sure I'm going to crash again I'm going to do my best to make sure it's on a track.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Glad you're ok. Yep...You've got to adjust to road conditions. If I see gravel, leaves, etc. I ride like a boy scout. It's just not worth it.
Since you low-sided in a right hand curve, you could have slid into oncoming traffic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts