Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the chance to get an entire 05 gsxr front end, rear wheel and shock for free but i have to put my sv stuff in its place. i found where it says the front end will swap over, and the rear shock, but cant find anything out about about the rear wheel. this thing has brand new tires and brake pads.. i want this stuff bad but want to make sure i can put mine on it. i have 3 days to swap this stuff out.

·
Registered
917 Posts
you will require spacers.

I assume the bike in qestion is being scrapped. Just put the axle through the wheel and walk away, its not like the GSXR has to roll faster than 5 kms an hr.

then buy the spacers later and install on yourSV

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
You need a spacer/adapter set for the rear wheel (depending on the year).
check http://www.twfracing.com/zparts.html for the rear wheel kit pricing.

As for the GSX-R rear shock, they aren't that proper of a replacement due to length issues. Definitely triple-confirm numbers before making this swap.

·
Registered
120 Posts
forget about the rear wheel, sell it on and get another SV one. well that's what i would do as you then get a very very cheep gsxr front end :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think the rear adapter kit is for a 06 wheel. Also check the length of the 05 front. I have a 05 front on my SV and had to have it resprung, valved and lengthend for it to work well for me on the track. If your swapping for the bling then disregard the last sentence.

By your statement "I have to put my sv stuff in its place" means you have to give your stuff in exchange? If that’s the case I would take the front and the rear (assuming you can use the 05 with the spacer kit)

·
Registered
120 Posts
k5 600/750 front is 15mm shorter then SV stock and has .85 springs which will go to 12-13st fully kitted. same goes for the rear shock but shock will raise the rear 5mm.

i would say go for it as anything is better then the pogo sticks that the sv comes with.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
If you require spacers to use the GSXR rear wheel on the SV, there is no way the SV wheel is going to work on the GSXR. At least the way I'm thinking about it. Does the Gixxer have to run afterwards?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update....got the rear shock swapped over today. The rear wheel will not work so im keeping the stock rear for now. The gsxr has brand new pirelli diablo rosso tires. I snatched the rear today to save for an f3 rear wheel and put on an old dunlop 209 gp i had laying around. The front pirelli will come with the gsxr front end.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts