Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to replace some fork seals on my '02S, but i'd like to add a heavier weight oil, can i keep the same damper rod but switch my oil? i'm about 210lbs. and i'm trying to keep the bike from diving when i use the brakes.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Email Rich at Sonic Springs (sonicsprings.com). He's a member on this board and offers fantastic customer service. Hell, for about $100, you can get fork springs too. That will really improve the ride with better fork oil.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
I'm ready to replace some fork seals on my '02S, but i'd like to add a heavier weight oil, can i keep the same damper rod but switch my oil? i'm about 210lbs. and i'm trying to keep the bike from diving when i use the brakes.
If you're keeping the stock springs use 15w. It will help a little. To really keep the front end from diving though you'll need better springs, 0.90s in your case. With those you should use 20w oil.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would go with replacement springs. I weigh 200lbs and the difference for me between stock springs and aftermarket ones for my weight is substantial.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts