Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yellow Nudist said:
Wow, I'm being ragged on by a wheelie toting newb.  Well hey there little fella, go ahead an blow your motor up.  I will be sure to make the same post when you have a thread in the wanted section, "Needed SV Motor, because Im a complete jackass".  ;D
haha, im a 'wheelie toting newb' now...

just because i have 40 posts and i asked a legit question (which i guess that makes me a newb to bikes...) doesnt give you the right to come here and be a jackass. call me a newb all you want, you really hurt my feelings over the internet ::)

i see no reason for this thread to stay open, i got what i needed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yellow Nudist said:
Wow, I'm being ragged on by a wheelie toting newb.  Well hey there little fella, go ahead an blow your motor up.  I will be sure to make the same post when you have a thread in the wanted section, "Needed SV Motor, because Im a complete jackass".  ;D
So what if he does blow it up? His bike, his money, his wheelie.

G

·
onepointone said:
haha, im a 'wheelie toting newb' now...

just because i have 40 posts and i asked a legit question (which i guess that makes me a newb to bikes...) doesnt give you the right to come here and be a jackass. call me a newb all you want, you really hurt my feelings over the internet ::)

i see no reason for this thread to stay open, i got what i needed.
Ya get what you deserve...

You started with this,

yea, look at me, im suuuuch a badass because i can do wheelies

i never said it was cool. i was just asking a question, i got my answer, s**t, i even got made to look like a little bit of a dumbass. im cool with that, but you havent added anything to the thread except that stupid comment.
And I responded... but Tragik does have a good point... just go enjoy your SV, and wheelie in a controlled environment if you must.

G

·
yo nudist man, what happened to your karma rating man, its going down all the time!! :-[

what is all this karma stuff man anyway, i remember the old school board, that was cool. i had some guy pick me up on only having 1 karma and he had 3 but only like 20 posts and half of them were about how he crashed in a straight line while trying to tie up the velcro on his new addidas' (lol). i dont like this new system, dont get me wrong though, the board looks awsome and i love the site, but this karma stuff's gotta go. i know that you know what your talking about more than i do, but your karma rating would suggest otherwise just cos some newbie got pissed at you!!

how'd you feel man,

Trick

·
Registered
41 Posts
One thing I used to like about this board is people went out of their way to help newbies, even if they thought they were stupid / inexperienced. A little preaching is fine if neccessary, personal insults and flaming are not. If you don't have anything to contribute to a thread leave it be.

BTW = Post count is not any more indicative of someone's value on this board than karma is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
gerard said:
I second that! this is a good thread please if anyone could add any more info please do.
Everything that has been said is true. Short wheelies are probably OK, however, if you are trying the long distance/multi gear wheelies you are asking for oil starvation. Overfilling the oil will not help. Is it really worth it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
i dont think its worth it. like i said in my first post im more into actually riding the bike. but alot of my friends like to mess around with wheelies in so on in this huge parking lot near my house... so i tried some stuff. the past 2 times we went out there, i just sat around and watched. im not really trying to get a new engine any time soon.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
onepointone said:
i dont think its worth it. like i said in my first post im more into actually riding the bike. but alot of my friends like to mess around with wheelies in so on in this huge parking lot near my house... so i tried some stuff. the past 2 times we went out there, i just sat around and watched. im not really trying to get a new engine any time soon.
That makes much more sense. Use your valuable time to study the true art of riding. Your friends will never be able to keep up, and you can laugh your way to the bank.

G

·
fishd75 said:
One thing I used to like about this board is people went out of their way to help newbies, even if they thought they were stupid / inexperienced.  A little preaching is fine if neccessary, personal insults and flaming are not.  If you don't have anything to contribute to a thread leave it be.

BTW = Post count is not any more indicative of someone's value on this board than karma is.
i agree, i liked it when people would help newbies too but there are a lot of newbies who are thinking that the karma rating is indicative of how knowledgable you are and are choosing not to accept the word of more experienced posters like yellow nudist (who i happen to know, knows what he's talking about) just because he has a low karma rating. insults are unacceptable from anyone (even though ive had a go at avid from time to time - sorry dude :-[) and i hope that people would try not to post unless they actually know what they're talking about.

trick

G

·
trick said:
i agree, i liked it when people would help newbies too but there are a lot of newbies who are thinking that the karma rating is indicative of how knowledgable you are and are choosing not to accept the word of more experienced posters like yellow nudist (who i happen to know, knows what he's talking about) just because he has a low karma rating. insults are unacceptable from anyone (even though ive had a go at avid from time to time - sorry dude :-[) and i hope that people would try not to post unless they actually know what they're talking about.

trick
:eek: w00t! :eek:

And screw this karma thing.... I am actually taking it as a compliment! ;D

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
all i know is i've been around motorcycles since birth, and i know a few people in the stunt scene and i've never heard of the engine getting starved of oil by doing wheelies. and i have 2 friends who 12 o'clock on a regular basis. but then again they are riding cbr's so who knows if the sv reacts the same.

G

·
B.a. said:
all i know is i've been around motorcycles since birth, and i know a few people in the stunt scene and i've never heard of the engine getting starved of oil by doing wheelies.  and i have 2 friends who 12 o'clock on a regular basis.  but then again they are riding cbr's so who knows if the sv reacts the same.
Two different types of motors big guy.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
B.a. said:
all i know is i've been around motorcycles since birth, and i know a few people in the stunt scene and i've never heard of the engine getting starved of oil by doing wheelies.  and i have 2 friends who 12 o'clock on a regular basis.  but then again they are riding cbr's so who knows if the sv reacts the same.
Pure genius!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
B.a. said:
all i know is i've been around motorcycles since birth, and i know a few people in the stunt scene and i've never heard of the engine getting starved of oil by doing wheelies. and i have 2 friends who 12 o'clock on a regular basis. but then again they are riding cbr's so who knows if the sv reacts the same.
Wow.

·
Registered
42 Posts
another potentially useful thread gone to shit

how long can one ride a wheelie before starvation becomes an issue?

and how do you keep it up on the shift? Go a little past the balance point to compensate for the drop? I am shifting plenty fast I think, I do not hold the throttle open though as I am not willing to crash my bike!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.