Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Oil starvation with both gens of these bikes is well known and documented. The location of the oil pickup causes this when the front is lifted for extended periods of time. Suzuki actually issued a recall on the first couple of years to install a plate that made the problem less severe.

I know of a couple of persons who have blown engines due to this issue. Don't confuse this with the 2nd gen crank problems which can probobly be traced to clearance changes made by Suzuki along with a possible change in suppliers.

If you ride prolonged wheelies, you will probobly damage your engine.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
onepointone said:
i dont think its worth it. like i said in my first post im more into actually riding the bike. but alot of my friends like to mess around with wheelies in so on in this huge parking lot near my house... so i tried some stuff. the past 2 times we went out there, i just sat around and watched. im not really trying to get a new engine any time soon.
That makes much more sense. Use your valuable time to study the true art of riding. Your friends will never be able to keep up, and you can laugh your way to the bank.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
B.a. said:
all i know is i've been around motorcycles since birth, and i know a few people in the stunt scene and i've never heard of the engine getting starved of oil by doing wheelies.  and i have 2 friends who 12 o'clock on a regular basis.  but then again they are riding cbr's so who knows if the sv reacts the same.
Pure genius!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts