Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
onepointone said:
the whole "oil foaming" thing is a good concept, but i dont know if i buy it. i have never heard of oil foaming because of this. as you move around, the oil moves to different sides of the oil pan, same with cars, and it is going to submerge the crankshaft a little bit in oil. i dont really know where im going with that, but i just dont see oil foaming because of that.
Believe it. It can happen with nearly every kind of engine, including bikes and cars. Overfilling oil is/can be BAD and will foam the oil. Foamed oil is nearly the same as no oil at all.

I am a Auto Mechanic and have seen it happen before.

·
Registered
26 Posts
onepointone said:
i am also a mechanic. i have been working at a lexus dealership for 2 years, and have been around cars since i was 13. i just have never seen it before.
Fair enough, but how many times have you seen people over fill their Lexus by a quart or more? How many times have you personally done it for extended periods of time too see what happens?

This is not meant as a flame to you, or to discredit you....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yellow Nudist said:
Wow, I'm being ragged on by a wheelie toting newb.  Well hey there little fella, go ahead an blow your motor up.  I will be sure to make the same post when you have a thread in the wanted section, "Needed SV Motor, because Im a complete jackass".  ;D
So what if he does blow it up? His bike, his money, his wheelie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts