Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i got a 2003 Suzuki SV 650S. In the summer i was doing long wheelies n put it down and ther was a bad knockin in the front cylinder. Over the winter im gonna take it apart still n see whats rong n fix it proly jus a rod or bearing or sumthing. My question is how can i prevent from destroying the bike agan from doing long wheelies? Besides not wheeling lol and dont wory im not some crazy stunter who goes around in the city or the highway endangering other people! I always stick to back roads that are deserted or empty parking lots. I know some of the honda guys jus run a quart more of oil but i heard this still causes problems with the suzuki gixers. I know the gixers have a kit that moves the oil pikup back but i havnt seen any for the SVs. I no they must exist because i no i have seen people stunt SVs. Does anyone know where I can get a kit or do I have to move it myself? Thanx any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
there is no kit for the sv that ive ever heard of, and this topic has come up a lot(34908304983 times).

just stick to short wheelies.. or buy a different bike. :)

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
wonderjosh said:
there is no kit for the sv that ive ever heard of, and this topic has come up a lot(34908304983 times).

just stick to short wheelies.. or buy a different bike. :)
What is a short wheelie? (Distance estimate)

·
Registered
336 Posts
just move the sump to the rear of the oil pan. that's what they do with drag cars.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Morpheous said:
What is a short wheelie? (Distance estimate)
when I think short wheelie I think.. anything from 20ft to 100 yards.. or something like that :p

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Best thing to do is unbolt the seat, lift it up and push the bike out of the way.

Then - roll an inline four of your choice underneath. Toss the seat to the side and go wheelie.

Seriously - modding the motor is more trouble than it's worth. You have to completely dis-assemble the motor (as in splitting the cases). Then - there's NO guarantee that these 'fixes' actually work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts