Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to check my oil level this morning and the window looks cloudy like their is moisture or something in there. Is this normal? I haven't noticed it before. I ride several times per week even in the winter. I use oe suzuki full synthetic oil. Any ideas? Thanks.

· Registered
5,388 Posts
Went to check my oil level this morning and the window looks cloudy like their is moisture or something in there. Is this normal? I haven't noticed it before. I ride several times per week even in the winter. I use oe suzuki full synthetic oil. Any ideas? Thanks.
You can get some cloudiness just from condensation in the winter, which is fairly normal but it could also be that there is coolant leaking into the oil. As I understand it, the former is more likely to happen if you are taking short rides where the engine doesn't completely heat up.

I suggest you change the oil and carefully watch the coolant level to make sure it's not going anywhere.

· Registered
2,789 Posts
You can get some cloudiness just from condensation in the winter, which is fairly normal but it could also be that there is coolant leaking into the oil. As I understand it, the former is more likely to happen if you are taking short rides where the engine doesn't completely heat up.

I suggest you change the oil and carefully watch the coolant level to make sure it's not going anywhere.
+1 You can make a pic and show us the problem.

· Registered
813 Posts
This has been discussed a lot lately. If you are taking short trips in the cold it is simply condensation. Let the bike heat up to 200+ and let it stay there for 10 min or so. If the cloudiness is gone, it was just condensation. Mine has been doing it all winter since I take 2 mile trips to and from work in 30 degree temps regularly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.