Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 SV650, and noticed that my oil cooler is slowly seeping oil on both sides (over the cylindrical columns)... well much more on the left side than the right side.

Here are pics (see the wet-looking area, this was after I cleaned/dried the engine, and after 1 session on the track):

Has anyone experienced same issues?

I assume I just need to change the oil cooler?

Does the SV1000 have same oil cooler? Can I swap that with mine?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
TWF makes block off plugs. It lets you get rid of the whole thing. Just throwing it out there as another option.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, the oil is not coming from the plug... it's actually coming from the top/side of the oil cooler and seeps downward

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
well, the oil is not coming from the plug... it's actually coming from the top/side of the oil cooler and seeps downward
Doesn't matter where it leaks from if it is in the trash.

We meant remove the cooler and the hoses forever. Use the TWF or honda plug for the 2 holes that are left in the engine. Shezam...2.5 lbs lighter and problem solved! The older SVs didn't even have oil coolers.

Here's a thread arguing both sides...http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154741

Or keep it, whatever you want. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
interesting.

there must be a reason Suzuki added the oil cooler for all the SVs after 03 no?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
It doesn't hurt to have cooler oil, especially since the 03+ had a little more power. But tons of people run without them since they have a tendency to break in many crash situations. I personally don't want a rock to hit it and have oil spray all over the track.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I got a perfect replacement on eBay for $30 + shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts