Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang!

Are any of you running AN lines to the oil coolers? If so, what are you using? I have a custom project in mind but it would require me to use AN lines.

Little insight into my hairbrained idea - I have a Gen 1 that received an engine swap from an '03, but the shop that did the work pulled the oil cooler and looped it. I live in Philly, so plenty of riding in traffic which makes me worried about oil temps, BUT I just so happen to work for Mishimoto and have been plotting using one of these (with a custom bracket of course, and playing the long game to get us into making Moto parts): Universal 10-Row Oil Cooler

Main concerns are finding the right lines, but also pressure drop might become an issue. Just wanted to run it by the SV vets here before I did anything crazy

-Nick

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki SV650X
16 Posts
tagging along because i'm also interested in this. love mishimoto gear (have run their radiators in my cars for years) and throwing them more money is never an issue :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tagging along because i'm also interested in this. love mishimoto gear (have run their radiators in my cars for years) and throwing them more money is never an issue :D
Haha glad to hear it!

So just as an update - After talking to one of our engineers, we determined that even our smallest oil coolers is still likely too big for the SV, so I'm not going to risk it. I ended up just picking up a used OEM cooler that I'm going to install.

-Nick

·
very big dumb
8,966 Posts
Hey Gang!

Are any of you running AN lines to the oil coolers? If so, what are you using? I have a custom project in mind but it would require me to use AN lines.

Little insight into my hairbrained idea - I have a Gen 1 that received an engine swap from an '03, but the shop that did the work pulled the oil cooler and looped it. I live in Philly, so plenty of riding in traffic which makes me worried about oil temps, BUT I just so happen to work for Mishimoto and have been plotting using one of these (with a custom bracket of course, and playing the long game to get us into making Moto parts): Universal 10-Row Oil Cooler

Main concerns are finding the right lines, but also pressure drop might become an issue. Just wanted to run it by the SV vets here before I did anything crazy

-Nick
i think you just grabbed a stocky from me :)
on my race bikes the coolers are removed and capped off. on the street bike it's still there but mostly just cause i havent done work there

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think you just grabbed a stocky from me :)
on my race bikes the coolers are removed and capped off. on the street bike it's still there but mostly just cause i havent done work there
Sure did! I'm going to be sort of out your way Saturday, so I can potentially com snag it if you haven't shipped it yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts