Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing my oil for the first time and didn't get an owners manuel with it. What is the right oil to use? I searched real quick and didn't see anything but what type of oil people run, I'm looking for the weight. Didn't have time to heavily search because I have to leave for work.
Thanks

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy phuck. You didn't have time to look? Bullchit.

Go get a phucking manual. Call the shop. Show some initiative.

Argh. I hate this effing question.
I looked through 2 pages. Had to go to work to make money so I could buy the oil so I don't kill my SV. I will have to wait on an ordered manual and the one shop around here I wouldn't trust to wash my bike. I was in hopes of getting an answer so I could get oil after work and change it tonight and I got an answer, so I'm happy, thanks doxiedog and JPDD. I don't guess you had to respone if you hate the question so much, it only causes you more time spent on the question.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Forgive my sharp edge. I was a bit rude, I know. But for the life of me, I cannot understand how a person can own, much less operate, any vehicle without knowing what OIL it takes?!?!?!

There are more than one shop in your area, you know. They're all as close as your phone...

;)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We got a Suzuki dealer, a Harley shop and a restoration shop. Thats as far as it goes motorcycle wise, our good shop just got shut down.:'( But I do have an owners manual on the way so I will hopefully know anything and everything about the ole' SV soon.

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
Any 10/40 car oil will do fine, AS LONG AS IT DOES'NT SAY ENERGY CONSERVING.
In other words look ouy for a green seal.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Service manual it is, at least thats free.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts