Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/mcy/1086410222.html

too lazy to click?

My New Engagement Ring For Your black 600cc Sport Bike - $1 (Toronto)

I have a brand new diamond engagement ring that has never been worn or taken out of its original box. My girlfriend and I broke up before I got the chance to propose....It was appraised in October to be valued at over $6500 and I have the official documentation asserting its true worth.

I am a new rider looking for a 600cc sport bike, preferably in black!

If you are interested, please send me the specs on your bike (make, model, year, km's, condition) and I will forward you pictures of the ring and a copy of the appraisal.

Thank you

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not sure if its a Trend or not, Saw an ad like that on my local craigslist aswell.

Hell, To be honest atleast they made the smarter move.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, that just sucks for him.

although, when i broke up with a g/f last year i was gonna buy a zzr600 (also black) hahaha.

(i cooled off and bought the sv - much better).

·
Registered
167 Posts
Haha, glad I'm not the only one that had this thought! I would unload this ring for another bike in a heartbeat. I bought my SV last year when we broke up as a present to myself. I asked for the ring back (I didn't want her to have an extra few grand laying around :p ) and now I'm just trying to figure out what to do with it and trading for a bike would be fine by me!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm sitting on two separate engagement rings from failed relationships. I tried selling the first one a few years ago (appraised for 2k, highest offer i got was for 200, to which I laughed) Turns out the resale on diamond rings is horrible, most places will only pay for the diamond itself, and even then they're cheap as ****. If I could get close to what they're worth, I'd sell them in a heartbeat and put the $$ into tricking my bike. Oh well

·
Registered
167 Posts
You could always try idonowidont.com

probably your best bet on getting some worthwhile offers on your ring. Besides, the name of the site is hilarious!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Tailpipe?

Honestly my bike gets alot of my attention. Unlike a girlfriend, I get a more consistent payoff for my investment of hard-earned cash: I can ride her whenever the fack I want!

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Tailpipe?

Honestly my bike gets alot of my attention. Unlike a girlfriend, I get a more consistent payoff for my investment of hard-earned cash: I can ride her whenever the fack I want!
maybe if you paid her more attention she wouldn't require a financial stimulus.

jus sayin.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Turns out the resale on diamond rings is horrible, most places will only pay for the diamond itself, and even then they're cheap as ****. If I could get close to what they're worth, I'd sell them in a heartbeat and put the $$ into tricking my bike. Oh well
It's worth what someone will pay for it, not some preconceived value.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts