Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an email newsletter from SVRider.com.

Why spam its own members?

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
I thought it was kinda neat. Outta site man!!

·
Hall Monitor
2,762 Posts
Another corporate decision that came as a surprise to the Mods as well. While not a horrible idea, it could use some refinement. I'll inquire about an opt-out for those who would prefer to surf the site on their own terms.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
me to!! don't mind it...

but, i DO mind that i can't opt out of the automatic re-up$$...thru PayPal, but, find nuttin about 'subscriptions'...

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
me to!! don't mind it...

but, i DO mind that i can't opt out of the automatic re-up$$...thru PayPal, but, find nuttin about 'subscriptions'...
I cancelled mine in my user setting last year. They still ran my card without me noticing. This year (a month or 2 back) I had paypal refuse the charges and they still tried to push them through 4 separate times, all were cancelled. Fecking thieves.

·
Hall Monitor
2,762 Posts
If you would prefer not to receive any further emails from us, please click here to visit your account area and uncheck the "Receive Email from Administrators" option.

Look for this opt-out link near the bottom of the newsletter, if you don't wish to receive any more.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
If you would prefer not to receive any further emails from us, please click here to visit your account area and uncheck the "Receive Email from Administrators" option.

Look for this opt-out link near the bottom of the newsletter, if you don't wish to receive any more.

I'm sure that it works just as well as "turning off" the auto renew function in the user CP...

:lmao:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I'm sure that it works just as well as "turning off" the auto renew function in the user CP...

:lmao:
I believe that you have to turn off auto-renew in your Paypal account itself.

Regardless, if you've had a problem with it, send a message to Admin to sort it out.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I believe that you have to turn off auto-renew in your Paypal account itself.

Regardless, if you've had a problem with it, send a message to Admin to sort it out.
No problem anymore, charges from VS (or whatever company name they use through PayPal if it's something different) will be denied by PayPal for my account going forward. This was the solution given to me by the person at PayPal that I got on the phone. VS has since tried to charge me the subscription rate 4 times, all were denied. ;D

Edit: After going through my gmail account I have a little more info. I have an email from PayPal from 3/16/11 saying that my recurring subscription had been turned off through their website and that I would not be billed going forward. No notifications of anything being turned back on (and I know for certain that I did not) and then 3 (not 4 now that I counted) attempted charges from VS though PayPal in June of this year. I was also surprised to see that I was charged by VS in July 2011, 4 months after the cancellation notice.

As I said, I have taken care of things on my end, so I don't really care what management thinks or says at this point, but I do want others to know that they need to watch their money since, based on my experience, there seems to be no way of turning off the recurring payment outside of contacting PayPal to block VS or closing their PayPal account.

I was also surprised to see that my annual renewals were not annual when I went through the emails, but seemed to be charged at random, every 10-11 months... when did a year become less than 12 months?

If anyone from VS would like to dispute these allegations, please let me know and I will forward the emails, or post them directly here.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I'm not sure VS reads many random threads on SVR.

Did you ever try to contact Admin, or only deal with PayPal and not contact VS at all?

Not much point about posting that here unless you're just complaining. If you actually care to get VS to look at it, send a PM to Admin.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I called the 416 number listed on the paypal invoice for VS and left 2 voicemails when it first happened, neither were returned. It's $30, I don't really care about getting it back, this was more to make others aware that simply cancelling the recurrence in PayPal will not stop VS from continuing to charge you.

I would be willing to make a rather large wager that at least one other member here (and more likely several) has cancelled it on PayPal and was charged after the fact if anyone would like to take the other side of the bet. I don't reconcile every one of my bank accounts to the penny, something like this once per year could easily slip through.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts