Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from the south eastern WI area and talked to some dealers and none of them would go under $6500 for an otd price on a new 08 svs (I was expecting to pay less). I'm probably just gonna be searching for used bikes. Haven't had any luck on craigslist so far though.

Anyone here in the market for a new bike? I'm just curious at the amount people are paying considering the economy is pretty bad atm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah, and even a lot of prices on used bikes have gone up!!! i looked at a bike that had some damage and had more miles then mine same year and color as the one a bought last year, i bought last year for 3999 and this bike that was down and had 8k more miles for 4500 crazy stuff!!! oh yeah same store Road track and trail? where have you gone so far to look at bikes i am in the area too!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Summer's coming so bike prices go up, it's a b*tch.

·
Registered
161 Posts
you won't find an 08 for under 6500, but if your lucky (like myself) you may find a leftover 07 for a good price. I felt extremely lucky to find mine (through ebay) for only 4500 with 0 miles. When searching for my SV I had alot of trouble finding one that had not been dropped! So when I found mine I jumped on it, drove 6 hours to get it the next day. couldn't be happier...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, and even a lot of prices on used bikes have gone up!!! i looked at a bike that had some damage and had more miles then mine same year and color as the one a bought last year, i bought last year for 3999 and this bike that was down and had 8k more miles for 4500 crazy stuff!!! oh yeah same store Road track and trail? where have you gone so far to look at bikes i am in the area too!
Yea I actually stopped by Road track and trail before. I didn't really like what they had since everything looks like its been dropped before. I've actually stopped by a couple dealers that have 08s in stock and they all want 600ish in freight and setup fee + tax. In action sports they tried selling me an 05 with half fairing that has obviously been dropped and has nearly 7000 miles for $5000 (not including tax..)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Found my 07 naked (last year) with 197 miles for an OTD price of $4500. Perfect showroom condition. Look for deals. Another dealer wanted $5500 for an 05 that the prior owner did not take care off...you just have to say NO.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
you won't find an 08 for under 6500
I got really lucky on Craigslist, one in a million shot. Guy was selling an 08 naked for 4800 (Kelley blue books value) with 150 miles on it. It had never been dropped (I did a thorough inspection...) and has no mechanical issues. I ended up paying 4500 and got a 400 dollar helmet thrown in with the deal. Net price 4380 (minus helmet and plus sales tax on the bike).

·
Registered
88 Posts
I bought my new leftover 06 SV650S 3 months ago for 4965 OTD tax, title and reg. included, they did not charge me freight, assembly or other fees since they got it from a dealer that closed the doors. I guess they are very slow down south as they had 08 GSXR 1000's for $7995

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had the same experience in looking for a new leftover 08. None of the dealers I spoke with seemed interested in selling for much below MSRP, which surprised me a bit. Ended up paying ~ $5,200 for an 08 with 1,600 miles and a few nice mods. Looked to be in showroom condition and was located a few blocks from my house. I'm sure there are good deals to be had if you are patient. I'm not.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Im buying mine tomorrow. It's an 03SVS that has a little over 6K on it. Never been dropped or layed down, runs like a beast, and most importantly (to me) all stock. $3700 is the price im paying, it was on craigslist for $4000. I feel like that was an okay deal, I think I could have found better in the dead of winter, but riding season will be here before you know it, and prices will go through the roof! So I am happy with the price I am paying.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm actually gonna stop by a dealer tomorrow and offer them $4500 otd for an 05 svs with 3500 miles, yoshi pipe, and a gas tank protector. How did your day go wolf?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was in the same boat just last month trying to get a deal on an 08 naked with ABS. I was trying to get 6k OTD, and they came all the way down to 6,300 but I still walked. Same day I found on craigslist an 07 with 13k miles never dropped + a few mods for $3,500. Bought it, LOVE IT.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I used http://www.cycletrader.com/ and found the cheapest price before going to the dealer. it worked I got a kickass deal.
I honestly hate their search engine. You put in "sv", it finds nothing. Then you put in sv650 and it finds like 2 bikes...but then I just look through suzuki and end up finding several bikes, but either way its annoying as hell.

Speaking of the bike I'm thinking of buying, the dealership wants $4665 after taxes and everything for an 05 650s with a yosh pipe and a gas tank protector. 3500 miles. What do you guys think? I prefer to get your guys' advice than my dad's when it comes to motorcycles :)

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Dealers are hurting right now, spring has always been the worst time to get a good price.

Wait till fall, the deals will be there.

Of course ... after the summer riding is over. :twisted:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts