Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like if i let my legs hug it i’m gonna end up leaving scratches lol. Im in denim, nothing abrasive i can think of. But i alas i continue being a bit stiff with my legs. I keep wondering if snakeskins will free me up a little bit but shes got such a purty red tank im not sure how i feel about hiding her with those. Any advice for my first world problem?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
It's a motorcycle, it's going to get scratched. Look at 3M Ventureshield if you simply can't live with that, and also look at something like Meguiars ScratchX which will remove any existing scratches before you apply the Ventureshield.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Clear tank grips are pretty popular, like 3M or Stompgrip. Factory paint is pretty robust, I have glued on and removed my tank grips multiple times w/o damage to the finish.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Does Stompgrip still trash leathers? Acceptable for racing, but I won't run them on a street bike.
I've run mine for quite a while with the same set of leathers. No issues at all and I hold on to the tank with my knees pretty much the entire time I ride. To be honest, I've really only heard people complain about that on the internets... I've never seen any damage in person.

·
Registered
654 Posts

I've used this in the past, and it's almost invisible. I had it on my CBR1000RR Repsol, and my RC51 years ago and if you walk five feet away from the bike you can't tell it's there. The kits I used were static cling, and easy to install.
I don't believe I've ever seen this product before, it looks interesting. Have you posted photos of this on your bike?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I've run mine for quite a while with the same set of leathers. No issues at all and I hold on to the tank with my knees pretty much the entire time I ride. To be honest, I've really only heard people complain about that on the internets... I've never seen any damage in person.
I had to strip it from a mates GSXR because it was damaging his Alpinestars suit. It's now a feature on the door of my chemical storage cupboard :D Surprising how much it roughed them up, but he's a pusher so probably works it pretty hard. I think he said recently it's now been replaced by a new version that doesn't do that, doesn't look like an octopus tentacle.

·
Registered
654 Posts
You know, I was aware of the reputation they had and I have been taking note of the wear on my suit. It's a budget set of leathers from RST that I just use on the street so I figured if they get worn more than I want then it's not a big deal. I wonder if my Stompgrips are of a newer gen that isn't as destructive. It does still look like an octopus tentacle though, which is why it grips so well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts