Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i get up this am, i'm walking thru rhe kitchen, hey, a deer! never had one in my backyard, Indian Hill, on the other hand, has SO MANY they hire hunters, there's a LOT OF big $$$$ in IH, minimum lot size is 4.5 acres, anyway, thought i'd share...

a little 'breakfast!!

and last but not least, her morning constitunional...

:eek::rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, but.....
it's those d*mn brown eyes....
never really got into hunting, shooting, yes, but, birds, trees and garbage cans...lolol

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Back home in WV, deer are like a frigging plague. You can't go anywhere without seeing a herd of 'em. They are pretty, cute, lovable... and real tasty with mushroom gravy. :D

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Back home in WV, deer are like a frigging plague. You can't go anywhere without seeing a herd of 'em. They are pretty, cute, lovable... and real tasty with mushroom gravy. :D
In other words..... They're like those Cana-Aidien geese that invade us every year. Right?

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
That's because we've killed off nearly all of their natural predators so now they just breed uncontrolled every spring and then they starve to death during the winter and get hit by cars and motorcycles the rest of the year.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
In other words..... They're like those Cana-Aidien geese that invade us every year. Right?
da mn skippy. and I am going to train a whole pile of them and get them to shat all over your yard.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Nearly hit a dear this morning coming to work.

I'm driving along, in a line of cars on a two way road; we're all doing about 35. From the right comes a charging doe. I didn't hit the brakes, else I would have hit her. She ran right behind me, in front of the car behind me, and then LEAPED over a minivan going in the direction opposite me.

I was like, "Oh crap."

Then I was like, "Whew. Gonna miss."

Then I was like, "Ew. Gonna hit another car."

Then I was like, "Holy shi(r)t! A flying deer!"

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
That's because we've killed off nearly all of their natural predators so now they just breed uncontrolled every spring and then they starve to death during the winter and get hit by cars and motorcycles the rest of the year.
But if the wolves and coyotes come back, the ranchers and farmers lose their cattle and chickens. Its a conundrum.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
But if the wolves and coyotes come back, the ranchers and farmers lose their cattle and chickens. Its a conundrum.
Actually (fascinating factoid), coyotes are an issue here in VA. They are considered a 'nuisance species' and it's legal to hunt them year-round because they are such a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Click here to see related video: Dear Deer ;D

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Actually (fascinating factoid), coyotes are an issue here in VA. They are considered a 'nuisance species' and it's legal to hunt them year-round because they are such a problem.
Thats not uncommon in other states either (the year round "season" for hunting them). Maybe we should release some of whatever eats coyotes in VA.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
It's more wolves and the big cats (mountain lions) that hunt deer...not coyotes. Coyotes hunt rodents and pick off the carcasses that other animals have left behind mostly.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts