Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 403 Posts

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, already. :D

I've already been getting calls from IMS (Indianapolis Motor Speedway) about renewing for next year so I figured I should get the ball rolling. The event will run from Thursday, August 27 through Sunday, August 30, 2009 and I'll be reserving 50 seats initially. Any seats over and above that number MUST be pre-paid before I will hold your seat on the roster.

They want a 25% deposit to reserve our block of seats. Hopefully, they will be able to block us all together rather than the two chunks separated by a couple of rows that we had this year. It was fine this year but I'd still rather everyone was together. Either way, our seats will be in the same section as this year. They offered fantastic viewing and were very convenient. For those that don't recall or are unaware, our seats were in Stand J, Section 8, Rows Y through DD.

Ticket prices will remain the same - $125 for a 3-day pass which is about 5% off the price of a ticket purchased individually and makes the deposit amount $31.25 per person. I believe that Thursday admission for the paddock walk, etc. will be included as well but I have not received confirmation on that yet.

While the extras that were included in the group ticket package were nice, I know myself and, I suspect, many others were nevertheless a little disappointed. I'm negotiating with IMS to put together my own gift bag in addition to the bonuses they offer. Their bag this year included a coupon for 10% off at the IMS gift shop, a skull cap with the event logo, a pass for infield motorcycle parking, and a ticket for the track lap. The gift bag I'm trying to put together will be considerably better. It won't be free but it will be a significant value.

Speaking of the track lap, I know there was a lot of disappointment with it being held on Monday and not being on one of the three basic days of the event. For those of you that don't know, the decision to NOT run the lap on Fri., Sat., or Sun. was made by Dorna, the operators of MotoGP, not by IMS. IMS has indicated to me that they are in discussions to run it on one of those days. Since there were a several events put together at the last minute on Thurs. (paddock walk, autograph and Q&A sessions, etc.) that we were not informed of in time but will be repeated next year, I believe they will do the lap on that day should Dorna not agree to Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I'm lobbying for that day too. I think it will allow far more people to partake in it.

We will also NOT be doing camping in an RV next year. It was a lot of fun and very convenient to the track - literally right across the street from the gate nearest our seats. But it was also a huge hassle and ultimately more expensive than originally predicted. Fuel jumping by almost $2/gal. by the time of the event and having to pay $10 (!!!!!!!) for 6 minutes of hot water in a shower trailer have that effect.

Anyone that wants to tent or RV camp, let me know. I'll do everything I can to assist in that, including making your space reservation in conjunction with our ticket purchase. Camping space pricing for next year has not been finalized but expect it to be in the $50-60 range for a 20x20 tent space and $120 for a 20x40 camper space. Tent spaces can be consolidated based on the number of vehicles - i.e. if your group is on bikes, each person will have to purchase a tent space but if you have 3 people in one car, you can get by with only one space. I can even point you toward some reasonable RV & camper rental companies.

The "official" SVR lodging will be in a local hotel however. We are already researching rates and locations and hope to have some solid possibilities by Thanksgiving. Plenty of bed space, hot water, and protection from the elements is the name of the game this year. If we get enough people in the same place, we may entertain the idea of a group dinner one night over the weekend. I believe arranging for shuttle service to and from the track will also be a possibility.

I will also be including the option of the AMA Flat Track race for next year as well. I think everyone had a great time this year and it only makes sense to do it again. Expect for shuttle service to be available to the fairgrounds for this event as well should you desire. Details on this will be posted in the next couple of weeks.

So here's what I need from you:

I will start a roster just like last year. Enter just your screen-name (and the names of anyone else in your group) if you only want MotoGP tickets. List any options (flat track, hotel, tent or RV space) that you may desire after each name.

Highlight, Copy, and Paste the latest roster into a new message, add your information, and post the message. Do not try to quote.

$31.25 for each person will be due for this in roughly 2 weeks - November 15, 2008. This is a VERY solid deadline. If you don't have your money to me by then, you'll have to wait until IMS approves any additions to the total ticket allotment. They may not do this until the entire balance on the original 50 is paid. The deadline for that is February 28, 2009. So if IMS doesn't approve an expansion and people drag their feet about making final payment, you may be out of luck. $31.25 isn't all that much and it's a long time until the end of Feb. so I don't see this being an issue though.

So here we go...

1. arimichael - flat-track, hotel
2. Zach - flat-track, hotel

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
hmmm...I'm very interested. I'll let you know soon sir.
oh and I would be in for flat -track and hotel.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
3. tlc4diving - No IMS tickets, flat-track x 6, hotel for 2.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^ This is how it's done.

Also, the original post has been edited to reflect a correction in the ticket cost. I originally had us at the next rung up. Our package is actually even cheaper.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am very interested. Let me ask my people and I will get back to you ASAP.

Edit: Where can I find a link to more info, like race schedules and the like, to pass around to people? I can't find anything good on google and this just has this year's schedule.
Your link www.redbullindianapolisgp.com is the best there is currently. Expect next year to be very similar though.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also, if anyone wants to make payment right away, here's my info.

Personal checks or money orders should be mailed to:
Aaron Mezger
8639 Wilmette Ct.
Powell, OH 43065

PayPal:
[email protected]
I'm trying to simplify payments this years so just add 3% if using PayPal

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
4. ASCSurveyor- flat-track, hotel :rock:
5. Suzanne - flat-track, hotel
6. TonyJuliano - flat-track, hotel

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Should I reserve tickets now and cancel some if I have to, or would you rather I waited until I have confirmation on everyone?
Put yourself on the roster right away. If you need to remove yourself, try to do it before you pay your deposit. If you cancel after you make your deposit, no refunds will be issued before Jan. 31 or after April 30. I will assist in facilitating the sale of tickets to someone else though.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
7. Etham - flat track, hotel x 2
Does this mean you need only 1 MGP ticket, 1 FT ticket, but a room for 2? If it means you need everything for 2 ppl, please add an additonal roster entry for that person. Use "etham's guest" or whatever.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
5. Red Sea Pedestrian - tix - camping

·
...is no fun!
2,764 Posts
8. Red Sea Pedestrian - tix - camping
9. MrDan - flat-track, hotel

1 - 20 of 403 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.