Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1307 Posts

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Umm, so, there is a Harley "dealership" on Broadway, 3 blocks north of Canal. They have like 4 show bikes on one side, the rest is dedicated to a coffee shop and a wall full of HD clothing.

They even have the nerve to have a big "Parts" sign towards the back, lol. No idea how they'll get bikes in for service as both open sides are sidewalk.

Edit: 3 blocks south of Canal.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Has anyone ever had any work done at Motorbike Universe on 18th Ave in Brooklyn? I swear, every time I go there or call, it's one excuse after another. They didn't have the inspection stickers last time I was there. Called today to get my bead set; my hand pump wasn't doing the job. Was told to come tomorrow - maybe - cause they're swamped, even though I told them it would take a minute.

So I went to a car tire place two blocks from me, the guy put the compressor on, pumped air for 4 seconds and both beads set, no charge.

This place doesn't look like it wants any business. Certainly not interested in helping out fellow bikers.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Anyone looking for a front tire? Took this ContiMOTION Z to put in PR4 front and back. The rear Conti was worn past the belt. I'm in Bensonhurst.

I think this still has a few miles left in her. It's a 120/70 ZR-17

·
Registered
253 Posts
What's up fellas, haven't been on in a long time. Looking to sell my 02'. Posted in the for sale section if interested. Hope everyone is doing good! Work and family life have consumed me and have no time to ride anymore. It's pretty sad! Hate to see the bike sit in the garage anymore.

·
Registered
253 Posts
All work and no play ric, wife doesn't want me to sell the bike but I can't stand walking past it whenever I go into the garage. I know someone else can get to enjoy the toy!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Blue naked 1st gen with I think a carbon fiber Two Brothers can. Heading west on Ditmas Avenue toward Coney Island Avenue a little after 8 pm Friday evening.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Saw a red 2nd gen SV650S w/a GIVI top box linked brake light going into Holladn Tunnel towards NJ, Monday afternoon... I was on my yellow Ninja 250... rode passed you in the bumper-to-bumper traffic getting out the tunnel.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Anyone know a spot where people gather for group rides on Sunday? NYC or NJ? New to the area and would like to hit up some good routes. Thanks

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Bit cold at the moment, and I need to reinstall my rear wheel, but if there's a weekend that's above 35, I'll be trying to get a ride in.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Anyone in NYC have a set of larger Givi monolock bags? The 31 or 41 ones. I wanted to see how they would fit on my custom made rack, whether they'd be close to my legs and turn signals.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,277
Sucks that the majority of the SVRiders have left, sold their bikes, or just don't ride that much anymore, we had a good thing going a while back.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've seen maybe a total of 7 SV the whole 8 months since I moved here. Five of those sightings were just parked... where do people meet up to ride?

1261 - 1280 of 1307 Posts