Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
481 - 500 of 528 Posts

·
Greetings Program
6,274 Posts
The lime it did produce was very nice, although small. We are hoping that it does better over the next year, now that it's in a more appropriate climate. And yes, the mint has been used in many a mojito... In Seattle we even had a Mojito Mint plant, but it didn't survive the last winter we were there... (in a pot on a 2nd floor deck.)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I grew some Mojito Mint this year as well. Not really sure what the difference is between that and regular mint, to be honest. I have all of my herbs in pots as well.

Maybe next year, if I do get around to doing the gutter garden, I'll plant most of that stuff in those.

My basil is growing like crazy. Still not sure what I'm doing wrong with oregano. Not much luck with it at all.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
regular mint
not sure what one would consider "regular" mint, peppermint? spearmint ? catnip?

I have spearmint growing in my garden, I got is started just by digging up some wild spearmint and transplanting it, once you get the root system started, it spreads like rhubarb, horseradish or day lillies

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
rhubarb is probably the easiest thing to grow, I dug up a chunk of root at my dads house, left it in a side case closed up for nearly a week on my V-strom, (it began to grow shoots in total darkness before I got it planted) buried it a few inches deep in the spot I wanted it to grow, piled some horse manure on it, next spring I had my first crop, stuff starts to sprout before the snow is completely melted

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Oh, I know. We had a patch behind a shed where I grew up, actually had to take measures to keep it from taking over the yard. I miss fresh rhubarb pie...

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
nice... dunno if you tried it, but adding some raw carrot puree to the mix with a bit of lime and it extends the amount of sauce you get. It also adds something to the flavor... carrot can reduce the heat a little too so you can add more sauce to your food

i like to mix habs and ghost pepper the taste is interesting and still very hot

with real peppers I'll never need nasty extract sauces

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Food related, there is a Mexican restaurant down the street from where I work that offers Leche De Tigre. Tried it, blazing hot, it opened every vein in my body, felt 6 years younger, 6 inches taller, 6 inches longer. And ready to woop as* on 6 hd riders. I have never been addicted to any food before. But this stuff is the elixir of the gods. Can't go 2 weeks without a "fix". Euphoria lasts about 2 hours. Warning once you try it very few dishes will compare. Oh god I am already salivating.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not sure if this will post or not...

Those ghost peppers and habaneros are about 1/3 each of what we have in our garden. Plus cayenne and hot banana peppers that did well also.

The tomatoes I bought from a local farm. I think I'm mostly done growing heirlooms at this point. It is too hard trying to predict the weather here to figure out which ones to grow.

I'll grow some cherokees and maybe a couple of others and then switch to hybrids for the rest.

481 - 500 of 528 Posts