Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was riding from Fort Campbell down to Fort Gordon, and I think i found the one biker in the world who everyone can hate.

To give a little info so you can understand. I have my magnetic tank bag, filled with electronics, my backpack filled with clothes and my laptop. I am wearing my Scorpion EXO1100, leather jacket, full gantlet gloves, textile riding pants, and sidi boots.

So after a few (6) long hours in on the stock seat, I finally make it past Atlanta, and I stop at the rest area right outside of Atlanta at about 1 am. there are about 3 cars in the parking lot so i park under a light and about 2 spaces away from of the other cars. the other is the other side of the lot. and go in to use the rest room and stretch my legs. While I was walking in a guy says nice bike, and laughs at the fact i am in full gear. I don't think anything of it. i walk into the rest room. When I walk back to my bike, the shift rod is missing, and so is my extender for the SVR riser plates.

I am lucky that I kept my stock shift rod in my tank bag,(just to lazy to take it out) but i can not imagine anyone taking the shift rod without touching any of the electronics or anything else that was left on the bike. I search to see if it was thrown anyone around the bike or in the grass somewhere but nope the ****** just took it. so without the proper tools I can not fix the rear set to make the stock shift rod fit, so I screw it in to the clutch side and shift it up to 4 gear with my hand, and in screw it and put it back into my tank bag and slowly drive off until I reach speeds, and spend the next 2 hours finishing my trip (what was suppose to be a 7 hour trip)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hate thieves. A thief is only a notch or two above a child molester or rapist in my book. Pure scum!! You can't have morals and be a thief.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
What makes you think it was a biker who stole your stuff? To me, that sounds like a NON-Biker. (stealing stuff that would make the bike un-rideable)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think it was a biker because for the most part, only a biker would know how devastating removing the shift rod is, also if it was not a biker they would of taken the electronics out of the tank bag or just the entire tank bag.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
i think it was a biker because for the most part, only a biker would know how devastating removing the shift rod is, also if it was not a biker they would of taken the electronics out of the tank bag or just the entire tank bag.
That is what I was thinking as soon as you said it was missing. Someone who knows parts and how to do a quick inconvenience to someone's outing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Maybe he was hoping you would call someone to pick you up and you would leave the bike so he could come back with some friends and steal the bike, the bike is worth more then the electronics.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hate thieves. A thief is only a notch or two above a child molester or rapist in my book. Pure scum!! You can't have morals and be a thief.
i know what you mean, I also hate thieves.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow that's the most messed up thing i think i have ever heard of someone doing to a bike. I bet cory121 is right he probably was setting up a bigger scheme. Some punk skaters stole my monster energy reservoir cozy and i thought that was bad, i was ****** for like a week haha! All these d-bags will end up getting whats coming to them in the end.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
This wasn't thievery; it was vandalism.

What is wrong with people? I would NEVER, EVER mess with someone's ride.

Karma is a b!tch; here's hoping the scumbag gets his.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that is where i am now, just knowing that Karma will kick his ass some day

well i hope that they waste a lot of gas trying to find my bike.

guess I am just going to have to get some new rear sets now. I am thinking woodcraft since they make all the parts. I never was a huge fan of the shift rod adapter.

·
Banned
855 Posts
that is where i am now, just knowing that Karma will kick his ass some day

well i hope that they waste a lot of gas trying to find my bike.

guess I am just going to have to get some new rear sets now. I am thinking woodcraft since they make all the parts. I never was a huge fan of the shift rod adapter.
You know that you can have that rod and adapter machined for less than the cost of new rearsets, right?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know that you can have that rod and adapter machined for less than the cost of new rearsets, right?

Yes I do, but I am trying to make the best of this and while I know it is cheaper to replace the bar I fig. That I should just upgrade to what I wanted to start with

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts