Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting these. The bike at the dealership had these on along with the OEM chin spoiler. I like the way they look. But I was wondering if these will look as good on my bike without the chin spoiler. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine had the rad covers and the chin spoiler on it when I bought it, and I lost one when I lowsided last year.  Before the lowside, I was indifferent toward them.  Afterward, I missed them enough that I actually put the right (un-rashed) one back on.  However, I don't like it enough to justify the $180 or whatever Suzuki wants for them...and I don't think they'd look as good without the chin spoiler, personally.

Pics:  Left side without (sorry I don't have one closer)

Right side with the cover:

*EDIT* I have some front and rear quartering views (with the covers on) also if you think that would help you make up your mind.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I think they look bizarre. Seems like they were a part of a greater deal of plastic (like a full lower faring or upper) that got ripped off and was finessed to look okay

·
Registered
113 Posts
ShaggyZ said:
I think they look bizarre. Seems like they were a part of a greater deal of plastic (like a full lower faring or upper) that got ripped off and was finessed to look okay
I mostly agree with you, but they look a little different from the saddle. I was actually quite surprised to find that I missed them when I had them both off.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ShaggyZ said:
I think this is true.....if there isn't a chin spoiler to go along with them.  If you look at flatlines picture, the rad covers with the chin spoiler add another visual line to the area of the bike behind the wheel.  A line similar to one that you would get from having an upper and a lower....only here, you can still show off the frame of the bike.

It seems like one just doesn't look as good without the other.  I just can't justify $400+ for this cosmetic.  Their just plastic right?  wtf are they so expensive.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well, Oneida has them for $140.99 for a pair, so it's not $400. But yes, they are just plastic. (So is the chin spoiler.)

I've watched eBay for a single one from time to time, thinking that maybe somebody else would have lost one of them like me and be willing to sell the good one...no luck. I guess if you want them you'll have to pay the piper. It's completely outrageous what they're charging for it, but I guess them's the breaks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Flatline said:
Well, Oneida has them for $140.99 for a pair, so it's not $400.  But yes, they are just plastic.  (So is the chin spoiler.) 

I've watched eBay for a single one from time to time, thinking that maybe somebody else would have lost one of them like me and be willing to sell the good one...no luck.  I guess if you want them you'll have to pay the piper.  It's completely outrageous what they're charging for it, but I guess them's the breaks.
yeah I was saying....both together MSRP (rad covers + spoiler + shipping). But god only knows how many people who aren't aware of Oneida are getting stuck in the starfish with MSRP prices from dealers and what not.

A lot of folks are having luck on e bay these days. Seems like more people have right side parts for sale.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have them on my S model. I think they tie the fairing into the frame. IMHO I think the gen2 S looks like it has buck teeth without them. The gen1 S fairing flows into the frame. I'll post a pic when I get home if anyone cares.

T.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Seeing pics of them I liked them alot. I ordered some off of Oneida. However in person I thought they were way too big and totally killed that naked look. I ended up returning them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts