Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a little crash and now up on my feet again and want to patch up my bike. Unfortinatly I live in Israel, here they put double prices on each and every part so I'm forced to shop online.

I found this nice shop but they are located in the US, I asked them to verify that the parts I order will fit my bike and they asked me for a VIN number. I gave them the number but they clame that it's invalid. Seems like there are different numbers for US and EU . . .

The question is wheather the parts are different too ??? I don't see any reason for that but I'm putting down around 900$ so I wamma be really sure those parts will fit . . .

So what do you think ? will the parts fit ? we are talking about sv 650 n 08' (if it matters).

Alsow recomendations of OEM online shops who make shippments to Israel will be welcomed . . .

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
The only parts that would matter are exhaust and headlamps. EU spec headlights have reverse cut-off, since they drive on the left side of the road. I believe EU spec exhausts are quieter, but don't quote me on this.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
The only parts that would matter are exhaust and headlamps. EU spec headlights have reverse cut-off, since they drive on the left side of the road. I believe EU spec exhausts are quieter, but don't quote me on this.
Maviryk, we do not drive on the left side of the road. The difference you are talking about is in the UK not EU. Our lights however have an E mark instead of DOT

Most parts will fit, there's no major differences between US and EU versions of the SV.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to order a radiator, handlebar, grip throttle, balancer set, pedal brake, front fender, and a few bolts that connect the front head cylinder to the frame. As I said, it's quite a big order.

Note that all the parts reffer to a sv650N 08'.

Thanks for the replys and if you think some of those parts won't fit let me know . . .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tried Ebay? or SVrider's for sale section? (they fit allright ...)
Well I did some shoping on ebay (rear rim, sliders, spools) and I'm searching every day for a radiator but the prices are same to the new OEM, they were in a very bad condition, or someone just bought right under my nose . . . So I decided to go for the new EOM . . .

Regarding the sale section, I tried it with the rim but paypal would let me transfer the money. Don't really know why. So it's very problematic . . .

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I want to order a radiator, handlebar, grip throttle, balancer set, pedal brake, front fender, and a few bolts that connect the front head cylinder to the frame. As I said, it's quite a big order.

Note that all the parts reffer to a sv650N 08'.

Thanks for the replys and if you think some of those parts won't fit let me know . . .
I think that those parts are the same between country's.

Only problem is maybe the color off the front fender.

·
Super Moderator
8,604 Posts
I want to order a radiator, handlebar, grip throttle, balancer set, pedal brake, front fender, and a few bolts
Here are the country codes and frame numbers for the SV

I think the parts you are looking for are the same between EU and US, but you can double check by looking at the detailed part number. If you see *no country codes* directly after the part number, then the part fits all models. If you *do* see a country code right after the part number, like 'E3/E28' , then the part is specific to that particular model.

This link points to high resolution parts list for the SV650.
http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_select2.asp?category=Motorcycles&make=Suzuki&year=2008&fveh=19002

Good luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks TeeRiver, just what I searched for, and thanks for the link to the shop, looks like this will save me some dollars (if they will ship to Israel) . . .

·
Registered
181 Posts
Bikebandit.com ships internationally.

I'd try to save a couple bucks & get good quality 'Renthal' bar or something locally. Try to find a carbon look fender as opposed to the painted OEM.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bikebandit.com ships internationally.

I'd try to save a couple bucks & get good quality 'Renthal' bar or something locally. Try to find a carbon look fender as opposed to the painted OEM.
BikeBandit are very expensive, and many guys who ordered from Israel were very unpleased with their service.

Regarding the front fender - I like the color, don't want the carbon look, but defentlly will search up the Renthal bars. You think they fit - will fit and feel as good as the original do ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
BikeBandit are very expensive, and many guys who ordered from Israel were very unpleased with their service.

Renthal bars. You think they fit - will fit and feel as good as the original do ?
Aftermarket bars is a option so you do not need to ship another expensive OEM item. You might like them better then OEM. You decide.

AMA members get a 10 percent Bikebandit discount, & they are shipping from California typically.

I've seen your parts for less,
https://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/front-fender-sv650-1999-2006.html
but they will not ship to you. BB will.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aftermarket bars is a option so you do not need to ship another expensive OEM item. You might like them better then OEM. You decide.
Well as I said before, I really like the way the bike looks, I consider to add radiator covers - saw some projects guy from the forum posted and they really add alot to the look.

Now I'm using a very cheap handlebar that doesn't feel right, though the sitting position got better - he is just too wide for the bike!
Thats why I decided to replace it with OEM handlebar, but if you say that the Renthel handlebar differs from the OEM only in quolity and look I'll then definitly consider it as an option . . .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts