Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the subject line says. I am looking for personal Experience on this. For brake and clutch levers.

What is the quality difference?

Is one any better than the other?

Does one break easier than the other?

Does one flex more when you apply the brakes, or clutch?

Pros and cons of both.

·
Registered
44 Posts
many of the aftermarkets may have fewer adjustments on their wheels, say stock lever has 6, you may get cheapie that has 5.
$8 vs who knows what the stocker costs, I can live with it.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I've found the aftermarket ones I used were very fragile... The clutch lever broke off just from having the bike roll over, while the OEM one that I had on it before and after is still going strong but with a couple of bends after some much bigger impacts. The alloy of the aftermarkets seems more brittle.

N

·
0 Posts
+1 on adjustments, durability and price. The ones I've seen are direct knock-offs of OEM parts, but with looser tolerances, so they may require some fitting to work as well as OEM. I'll still take the cheaper part!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is exactly what I am looking for.

I was worried they would bend if the brakes are applied hard.

So, fit and finish is OK? Not too loose?

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
Guess wich way i went,after the stealer quoted me 76.00 out the door for a suzuki front brake lever! :shock:

·
Registered
254 Posts
In addition to the adjustments and cheaper alloy, the LP levers are shaped sliiightly differently. On an S, they won't touch the fairing when you're at full lock, but they're dang close. With the stock levers they're angled differently so they're not near the fairing.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
doxiedog said:
Guess wich way i went,after the stealer quoted me 76.00 out the door for a suzuki front brake lever! :shock:
76 bucks for the BLADE? Granted - even RonAyers has a front lever for 42 bucks, clutch for 10 or so.

You sure that was the right part number? Wow.

Having looked at the quality of the aftermarket stuff...screw it. Ebay. If not Ebay - then new.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
If I had my choice and I needed new levers..... I'd go with CRG's. The aftermarket and even the OEM levers tends to flex when braking hard. This gives a real disconcerting feels at the lever.

I've used aftermarket levers and they are okay.. but very brittle and break off easy. Plus the fitment is just okay. After going through a few of these, I only buy OEM now. When I do break these... I'll go with the CRG's or see if I'll be able to get some Brembo levers to fit (very nice levers).

Just my thoughts and experience on this.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
sicksv650 said:
anyone know of any trick aftermarket levers? just something a little different than stock
If you want the ultimate lever.... This is what you want

Pricey... yes.... But they will last you a life time. Plus the improved feel they offer is supposed to be the best. No more flexy flyer levers.

·
Registered
830 Posts
i have dreams of the CRG levers sometimes. they are awesome. I've seen them in action on wade's bike and they are unbelievable. of course he had a brembo mastercylinder and SS lines. although hard to justify the $100 price tag.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
those are pretty freakin sweet! id love to get a set of them. $200 for a set is a little pricey, but can you really put a price on the happiness of your sv??

·
Registered
830 Posts
sicksv650 said:
those are pretty freakin sweet! id love to get a set of them. $200 for a set is a little pricey, but can you really put a price on the happiness of your sv??
i hate when my bike says, "If you love me you'll buy me CRG levers".

what can you say to that?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have a Brembo brake lever, and it broke from a minor tip over. Just broke the end off, but the metal was really brittle apparently.

Bummed me out.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
yellow650 said:
i hate when my bike says, "If you love me you'll buy me CRG levers".

what can you say to that?
Something like

"Since when did you become a high-maintenance chick?"

That one quiets a LOT of women down. If they don't skp a beat....hide your wallet and BOHICA. :wink:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Those levers are georgeous!
but my baby is a little deeper than most i guess..she really only cares about HOW i use her levers not how shiny they are (also i just bought some oem clutch lever $26 deal, or $15 salvage yard next to my work)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts