Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

OEM horn replacement

Tags
horn sv650
3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  TeeRiver 
#1 ·
Good day everyone!

I've read many (outdated) threads that I could find about replacing a stock horn on a motorcycle. I am a new rider and I absolutely love my SV650 22' - except the horn. I swear that OEM horns for motorcycles must be a running joke for manufacturers at this point... 😑

I was checking out (mostly) air horns and found I few that look promising. Is it worth dealing with relays to get an air horn or should I simply get a better electrical one? I would highly appreciate any advice and feedback!

1) Marco 11203012 TR2-Tornado

2) Flösser Compressor Fanfare

3) Stebel NAUTILUS

All of them have good reviews and the Nautilus seems to be a solid choice for many years now. A solid price and decently straight forward installation would be most welcome. Bonus points if it is compact enough to shove it where original sits 🙂

See less See more
#2 ·
I use a Stebel low tone single 12v so no relay required and much louder than stock. Similar to this.

Mounted at the front left hand side( UK ride-on-left) and old horn bracket removed. This makes it easy to check my front spark plug as well as I can just push the rad forward.

The orange cable is just my Disc lock reminder.

HTH :)

#4 ·
my horn came off a dodge charger. It was leftover from my work as an auto tech. I mounted it to the lower radiator mount. I extended the harness and ran the wire inside the frame. Bonus now the horn dose not block the back of the radiator.
Fuel tank Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Its not as loud as an air horn . but now sounds like a car instead of wimpy beep beep.

#5 ·
my horn came off a dodge charger. It was leftover from my work as an auto tech. I mounted it to the lower radiator mount. I extended the harness and ran the wire inside the frame. Bonus now the horn dose not block the back of the radiator.
What are the dimensions of your Dodge horn? So I can compare it to items and imagine how they would look mounted. I don't want to make my SV look like a motorised horn with an engine 😂

#7 ·
I added a Denali Mini Soundbomb to Gen 1 SV650S (as in fairing & clip-ons):
Important:
Check the amperage on your existing horn as the Denali is 5 amps but the Suzuki horn is 3 amp.
Ergo the 5 amp horn won't work.
For my installation, I needed a wiring harness and a relay.
My Suzuki dealer did the work:
The relay is mounted close to the battery and the extra wiring is not noticeable.
My only complaint is the larger horn blocks part of the radiator and the fans kick in sooner than when it had the stock horn.
I'm going to see if I can use the left turn signal mount inside the fairing as a mounting place.
I got my horn and wiring harness from RevZilla - excellent service but sent the wrong relay.
I got the relay from Denali.
The Denali is loud and I'd recommend it.

#10 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

I have had the Nautilus for several years now. It's a bit behind the radiator in the image. The lowers are off for servicing. It is the best single upgrade, of many, on the bike. It's just the sound a big pickup should make but is way better than the weak little (meep) of the stock horn.

Did I mention I've had it for years and it still works?

#11 ·
Nice to see you, Bab! SVR has been light on snark lately.

I have the Nautilus horn on my SV too, it is super loud.

Q: What is better than a "Pull my finger" fart joke?
A: Ask your unsuspecting wife/girlfriend to hit the horn button on your SV right after installing a Nautilus. :geek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.