Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding my SV650 for about the last 6 months or so and am really enjoying it. My first complaint about the bike is still my only real complaint...the seat sucks. My "boys" tend to fall asleep about 2/3 of the way into my commute to/from work.

I've heard about sending the seat off to be reworked as well as buying a nice gel seat. While surfing Oneida Suzuki, I came across the OEM gel seat for the SV650 and was shocked to see the price at $100.

I ride a 2005 Naked SV650...is this the right seat for my bike and is the OEM gel seat worth a ****?

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/gel-seat-front-only-sv650s1000s-2003-06.html

Looks like its the right part...thought I'd ask for comments from any owners before clicking "buy".

Thanks!

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I have a first gen gel seat, and I've heard the same complaint I have with the 2nd gen seats as well- it holds heat. If your bike is parked in the sun for any length of time then the seat is HOT when you get on it- and it STAYS hot for a long time after.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i didn't like the OE gel seat, it feels like there's no 'back' of the seat, you just kinda, well, feels like you're come off the back of it...
rode a buddy's with a Sargent, much better than the OE gel but, i couldn't 'move' around on it like my Corbin!!

i LOVE my Corbin, yeah, it cost more $$, but, you get what ya pay for...

·
Registered
54 Posts
OEM gel seat is alright. It does get hotter than two rats humpin in a wool sock but to fight that I just put an old t-shirt over the seat while I'm at work and the bike is outside. Then I stuff the shirt in my tail bag when it's time to leave. Never hot when I do that but ****ed if I forget the shirt sometimes and that sucker is blazing.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
OEM gel seat is alright. It does get hotter than two rats humpin in a wool sock but to fight that I just put an old t-shirt over the seat while I'm at work and the bike is outside. Then I stuff the shirt in my tail bag when it's time to leave. Never hot when I do that but ****ed if I forget the shirt sometimes and that sucker is blazing.
which rat species? it makes a difference. various rats hump at varying degrees...???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts