Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I just got a OEM belly pan off of ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...20472091&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:MOTORS:1123

and i was wondering what are the necessary screws and stuff i should buy to get it mounted? I tried looking on the OEM parts lists but so far i have had no luck on finding the mounting hardware to put this bad boy up

if anyone can tell me or link me on where to get them that would be great!!

btw i just noticed i spelled mounting ware wrong =P

Here's the OEM one.
http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/chin-spoiler-sv1000-sv650s.html

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
There isn't any hardware. You'll have to fabricate your own. The SV1000 belly pan does not fit the SV650 w/o some work.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Oh, my mistake. At first glance I thought it was showing a red sv1K pan instead of a Copper sv650 pan.

Just make some from aluminum stock. Use the 8mm engine cover bolts to attach the brackets in the front, and kickstand/exhaust bolt in the rear.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, my mistake. At first glance I thought it was showing a red sv1K pan instead of a Copper sv650 pan.

Just make some from aluminum stock. Use the 8mm engine cover bolts to attach the brackets in the front, and kickstand/exhaust bolt in the rear.
so if i were to order oem which ones would it be o_O?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I got drunk the night before and slept through the auction. I just ordered the last one they had in stock from Oneida Suzuki. Apparently they've been discontinued.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got drunk the night before and slept through the auction. I just ordered the last one they had in stock from Oneida Suzuki. Apparently they've been discontinued.
yeah i was actually watching it for a good while but didn't want to bid on it until the day of

oneida discontinued them? that's very weird, but it is an 03 color though

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
i have a question....im thinking bout getting the 1000 pan....i read that the sv1000 silver and the 03 sv650 silver are not the same color code...anyone know if this is true or not?

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
there is no oem part number for the hardware you need.

the oem pan came with fasteners and brackets that allowed the pan to be mounted.
:iamwithstupid: As I see it, you have four options.

1. Find someone with the Suzuki belly pan (with hardware) and fab up some brackets, copying the ones from the other guys bike.
2. Get yourself some flatstock and start fabbing some brackets from scratch.
3. Buy the Suzuki belly pan. It comes with the necessary hardware. Sell one of the belly pans, minus the mounting hardware.
4. Sell motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
They're close enough. I had an SV1K pan for a while.

sweet by the way...u still have your HID dealio for sale?....got alot of over time these past couple of weeks, plus im on call so im gettin a big paycheck

;D

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
:iamwithstupid: As I see it, you have four options.

1. Find someone with the Suzuki belly pan (with hardware) and fab up some brackets, copying the ones from the other guys bike.
2. Get yourself some flatstock and start fabbing some brackets from scratch.
3. Buy the Suzuki belly pan. It comes with the necessary hardware. Sell one of the belly pans, minus the mounting hardware.
4. Sell motorcycle.
can't mount the pan ^^^ 4. Sell motorcycle. "that's funny"

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Honestly I'd call a dealership and tell them what you need and see if they can figure something out for you. You would think they could order those parts...

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
sweet by the way...u still have your HID dealio for sale?....got alot of over time these past couple of weeks, plus im on call so im gettin a big paycheck

;D
Um... lol sorry no... Tho I could be convinced to fabricate a second pair using the first set as a template.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Honestly I'd call a dealership and tell them what you need and see if they can figure something out for you. You would think they could order those parts...
they can't. the hardware comes laminated to a piece of cardboard. there is no part list available to the dealer. Unless you have one in front of you, there is no way for the dealer to determine what parts you need.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts