Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After researching previous post, I understand the speed sensor frags out but that couldn't be the case if my odometer was working, correct? So that leaves the most probable cause as a loose or corroded electrical connection?

I wanted to run this by you guys for your opinion before I start rooting around for the issue.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
426 Posts
Odo works off the speedo signal feed so it seems that the wheel sensor and wiring to your harness works, and keeps on working all the way to the dash. Maybe TeeRiver will come by to clarify where the signal splits off to your speedo dial.

·
Registered
29 Posts
sounds like it may be the speedo dial itself. i havent gotten a look inside of the speedo assembly so i cant say for certain

·
Super Moderator
8,933 Posts
After researching previous post, I understand the speed sensor frags out but that couldn't be the case if my odometer was working, correct?
Yup, time to look inside. :)

The exact same thing happened to my truck speedo last year. I logged into toyotanation.com and found a thread describing how the solder joints to the speedo drive coil often crack with age. Took the dash apart, re-soldered the coil connections, and problem solved! Man, I was so happy! :rock:

You may have a similar problem, JCrow, though it is not a common complaint on the SV. Please let us know what you find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts