Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody

I'm a first time poster - btw, awesome site/forum - wealth of knowledge and resources.
I purchased an 06 sv650s with 16000 km on it about a month ago, and have been riding almost daily ever since. Today, I checked the odo - it shows 25490 km!!! That's about 9000 km in a month!!! I've only put about 2300km actually, so: where is the other ~6700 km coming from. When I purchased it - I checked the units, they were km, not miles. Any ideas? Have any of you seen/heard of this before?
thanks for the help

Dan

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
What country are you in? The Canadian speedos are locked onto KM but I know the US-model speedos can be switched from km/mi -- however, I'm not sure if that includes the speed readout and the odometer or just the speed reading. I'm not sure what the international speedometers are capable of.

I know you mentioned checking the units but 16,000 miles is very close to 25,000 kilometres, although it could just happen to be an interesting coincidence.

Have you reset your Trip A/B counters since purchasing the bike? What values are they currently displaying?

edit: and welcome to SVR, Dan :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey onecartel

thank you for the reply

I'm from Kitchener (west of you). I rechecked yesterday, the readings were:
Miles: 15955
Km: 25529
Trip A: ~2300 (I reset this when I got the bike)
Trip B: I keep for gas fills

It's weird. I'm not gonna bother with it for now - I just found it very weird! Bike runs well. I'll give it som time to see if it jumps again - I'll check the ODO more often

1 - 4 of 4 Posts