Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am changing from clip-ons to Naked handlebars so I ordered all new Naked cables for my bike from a large on-line dealer that is recommended on this forum. I was shocked when I received the parts to find a used clutch cable for an SVS instead of a SVN, it's the exact same length as my original SVS cable. It was easy to look at the cable and tell that it was not new. Not only had the bag already been torn open but there are rub marks on the sheathing from rubbing on the frame and a kink in the cable where the 90 degree elbow starts.

The part costs under $12.00 dollars so the money is not such a big issue but I don't believe they should restock used parts in this condition. Has anyone else had problems paying for new parts and getting used items?

As the old saying goes "Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me." I don't think I will be doing business with this company anymore. I think from now on I will buy the low cost items from my local dealer.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Maybe they got screwed by a customer return and did not notice it.

I would give them a chance and if they balk ... fire the cannons ::)

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
enrico vespa said:
Maybe the saying should be, screw me once, I'll tell everyone so you don't screw anyone else.

True it's $12, but you didn't get what you paid for.
and I just ordered a clutch cable from my local dealer..... at $12 you paid quite a bit more than you should have

1 - 4 of 4 Posts