Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I assume that my issue is a miss the way the bike is acting. Basically if I roll the throttle hard it cuts up around 2.5-3k rpm then revs up. If I roll the throttle easy it revs up fine it seems.

I can ride it around town and it doesn't really seem to happen unless I suddenly need to accelerate (EX: starting from a stop light or passing someone.) It can get rather uncomfortable as the bike gets unsettled when this happens.

This all started after I washed the bike. I hand was with soap and then rinse off with a garden hose with no attachment. I was able to get 1 ride in before it started acting strange after that.

I frantically search everything I could and found all the threads about the sv325 issues and such.

I made sure that the drain plug was clear and no water was sitting at the bottom of the spark plug hole on the front cylinder. I even purchased new spark plugs and verified the gap.

But the problem remains. I feel like it may be also effecting gas as I only got about 130 miles this tank.

The last bit of info I can give off the top of my head is that if I mess around with the spark plug caps it seems to change the issue. At first the rear cylinder was not firing at all after changing the plugs. I figured maybe I put to much dielectric grease in the cap. A little wiggling and now it was running but I still get this odd rpm breakup at around 2.5-3k rpm.

Anything you guys think of that it might be please let me know. I am about to go buy some new spark plug caps but Iron Pony advised it would be $95 so I figured I would let you guys hear my problem before I potently spend money that I did not need to.

Below is a video. First 2 revs are fast throttle rolls with the break up. The next 2 are slow throttle rolls without the break up. The last 1 is a fast throttle roll with slight break up.

Thank you everyone!

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
the front spark plug hole most likely has water in it. removed the wire, try and remove the water as best you can(if you have compressed air you can blow it out). stick som dielectric grease in the plug wire and stick her back on.

see the little silver flap right above the front pipe on the motor? i came up with that to prevent rain water from being slung up there by the wheel. havnt had th problem since.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the front spark plug hole most likely has water in it. removed the wire, try and remove the water as best you can(if you have compressed air you can blow it out). stick som dielectric grease in the plug wire and stick her back on.

see the little silver flap right above the front pipe on the motor? i came up with that to prevent rain water from being slung up there by the wheel. havnt had th problem since.
I wish it was that easy. It has been almost a week since I washed it. I changed the plugs and put some dialectic grease in the plug caps.

If there was any water left after that im sure its gone as I have been riding to work everyday and its been fairly warm outside with no rain.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
could be the wire slipping back out of the caps a little from when you pulled them off to change the plugs. try pushing the wires back into the caps somewhat and see what happens

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Matt for your suggestions. I think I found out what it was. I think it was some bad gas.

I had some seafoam in the tool box and dropped some in with a fresh tank of 93 and no more hiccups.

I will go back to normal gas after this tank. I cant believe I overlooked bad gas. Well at least the spark plugs got changed lol.

I think it was just a coincidence that it happened right after the wash.

:vroom:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
If you get over zealous with the hose around the gas cap, you can potentially get water in there. Its happened to me every so often.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts