Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just parked my bike last night. try it today and the battery is dead. this happened a month ago but it was and old battery so i bought a new one. what the F is this?! i am angry as hell. this is going to happen in front of my ex and her new boyfriend one day and the next hour is going to make the F'ing news. is the some more serious electrical problem or am i over looking something i am forgetting?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
your RR (regulator/Rectifier) is knackered, it is quite common for the charging system to check out ok, untill everything includig the RR, is warmed up

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you are using the built in steering lock it is possible to turn the key one notch too far. This causes the tail light to light up and act as a parking light. If left overnight I would assume it would drain the battery pretty far.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Might wanna invest in a battery tender

I don't know what the battery problem is, but a good investment might be to get a battery tender jr. It's simply a thing you can hook up to your battery and it has a wire you can lead out and tie down to the frame. I tied mine down to the seat's frame rail. Then you hook that lead up to the unit and it keeps your battery at a fully charged state. I just hook it up every week or so to make sure its fully charged.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just got and installed a battery tender jr.
I highly advise on purchasing one. My battery normally would hover around 11.5-12 Volts. The amperage would also be a little low, making starting ok but you could hear it struggle a little bit. After the battery tender every start is probably 1/4 the time it used to take and the battery stays around 13V. I just plug it in whenever I'm not riding. It comes with a plug that you can easily undo in about 5 seconds. The plug just hangs right near the battery box by the subframe.

Again, for 30 bucks vs. buying a new battery every year I hight recommend getting one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts