Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me how the 03 rear brake light switch is mounted? On the 04+ the mount is part of the r/s foot plate casting. I have looked through the parts fiche but can not find a number for the bracket. I am installing the 03 Naked rearset on my 05 and this is the last issue I need to resolve. Pictures would be great ;D. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
166 Posts
on an 03 there is a bracket on the inside of the frame above the brake lever, and 04+ obviously doesn't have that, i did the same thing on my 04, i put an explanation in the other topic similar to this one, i noticed you put a few posts in it, check that one out again

·
Registered
166 Posts
cad,
if you are wanting to get that "L" bracket to put on an '04 or later you are wasting your time, because if you look where that is the hole that is there for the screw on an '03 isnt there on the '04, now i'm sure you could put the hole in there and tap it for threading, but i'm pretty sure that would involve removing everything from inside the frame to be able to get in there, in my case, in lue of doing that i decided to just zip tie it in there,

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
terciated said:
cad,
if you are wanting to get that "L" bracket to put on an '04 or later you are wasting your time, because if you look where that is the hole that is there for the screw on an '03 isnt there on the '04, now i'm sure you could put the hole in there and tap it for threading, but i'm pretty sure that would involve removing everything from inside the frame to be able to get in there, in my case, in lue of doing that i decided to just zip tie it in there,
You're right, even with a 90 degree drill I would need to drop the exhaust. I could do the zip tie but I enjoy doing things like this. I am looking at making a bracket that mounts on the back side of the foot plate or on the end of the frame. I did find out that I will need a longer brake line so I will order the 03 naked line this week.

·
Registered
166 Posts
thats wierd because i didn't need to get a longer brake line on my 04

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not sure what the difference is between your bike and mine but with the master cylinder moved forword on the 03 foot plate the brake line is stretched tight. The picture below is my first attempt at a brake switch prototype mount. The switch works good but I think I will move the switch hole back about 15mm. I used a wedge clamp design to draw tight in the hole on the back side of the frame.

·
Registered
166 Posts
wow, that looks really nice
g/j

1 - 10 of 10 Posts