Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was talking to a friend who's involved with Team Promotion who consulted in the designing of the track. He's very excited, said there will be some serious elevation changes and promised it will blow NJMP Thunderbolt (which this sort of reminds me of) away. Hope to get a chance to ride it sometime soon, the setting looks fantastic!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Too bad it's all left turns.... jk

Now we can alternate from NJMP "rights" and this track "lefts", and make the tires last a little longer.

In the near future I might consider turning the 1k into a full blown trackbike and use the 250 for the street and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I'm very curious to see how it turns out!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Spoke to Glen about the track, Glen and Billy helped with the layout of the track. This will be a motorcycle only track. No cars to mess up the pavement! Ever wonder how the bumped get onto the track, its the cars with lots of HP and aero packages that have serious braking forces that jacked up the surface.

Also the elevations will not only be in the corners it'll be on the front straight as well. So just imagine a longer front straight than Thunderbolt at NJMP with elevation changes! Its going to be wild. I'm just imagining going down the front straight tucked in and going over the crests and into the valleys of these elevation changes and feeling the bike get light then compress. Its going to be crazy. Can't wait.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Wooooot

Contrary to the website It looks like its way more than 2 hours away from NYC. It's well over 3 hours away... I would prefer something closer but whatever.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Wooooot

Contrary to the website It looks like its way more than 2 hours away from NYC. It's well over 3 hours away... I would prefer something closer but whatever.
I was bummed about that too, but then it's the same as NJMP and you don't have to pay the toll taxes.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Sounds about the same instead its north. So it will definately be a later in the year type of track. I won't be riding there unless its at least 60 degrees, and even that is a bit chilly.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Even if it is 3 hours away, a new smooth track oriented for left handers still beats the f*ck out of Loudon, which is more like a single track dirt ride.

It takes me 2.5-3 hours to get to NJMP right now. I'd be okay with going north.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Even if it is 3 hours away, a new smooth track oriented for left handers still beats the f*ck out of Loudon, which is more like a single track dirt ride.

It takes me 2.5-3 hours to get to NJMP right now. I'd be okay with going north.
And no cars to jack up the surface. This is going to be an insane track. I can't wait to ride through 11-16 which is going to be like an island of trees. That's going to be different for sure.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I hope it goes through, these type of things tend to quickly fade due to local/government issues.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
They are getting some push back from the locals there but they are so far in construction i'm sure they can't stop it now. Especially since they will be bring income into the town. Its like all farm land up there, hopefully not some smelly farming though. You would think it would be all fresh air at farms but they usually smell like something died and the smell just never goes away.

But it will be dope!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It sounds like it'll be a good 3.5hr drive. My guess is the traffic coming back on a Sunday night might be a bit better than coming from NJMP though. And the only tolls would be crossing the Hudson.
The neighbors are pushing back saying the owners are representing it as a safety course and at some point on the track's site there were references to a "racing experience". I hope it makes it. A track with this much elevation change would be insanely fun.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just posted another pic on their FB page. As cool as the setting looks, all I keep thinking about is blowing a turn and...holy **** trees and branches and trees and branches!!!!

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
2.5 hours? It takes me that long to get to Hawk's Nest near Port Jervis, NY. Granted once you get on I87 it might pick up, but yeah, NJMP is 50 miles closer. Still, nice to have the option.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Only 9 months away!!! This is the first I read it but the track will be run in clock wise and counter-clockwise rotation, so you can burn up both sides of your tires.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There is 70 ft of run off on the outside of the turns. Shouldnt have an issue with hitting anything. Bill and Glen of Team ProMotion have helped with the development so rest assured that safety is a primary thought during the design phase.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts