Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i was wondering if anyone could tell me how i can keep my wrists from numbing up on me while riding? i know the v twin vibration doesnt help but any input could help, i thought the r6 tube might help to keep my wrist from bending so much.. please help!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Try and relax your grip on the bars.
Handlebars aren't actually there to hang on to. They're for steering with.
Consciously try and just rest your hands lightly on the bars, and don't clench your hands tightly.

You should be supporting your weight using your legs and back, your arms shouldn't really be holding you up at all.
Focus on relaxing. Any time I feel I'm tensing up, I flap my elbows around to remind me to loosen up my arms, and I
make an effort to open my hands up and then close them around the grips as lightly as possible.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah when I first rode I unconsciously gripped my grips WAY to hard and was always numb until I found holding my self up and relaxing on the grips and now I am no longer numb! Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Adjust the levers so that when you're in your normal riding position your wrists aren't bent. You can loosen the lever mounts and rotate the lever position.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
+1 on using legs and torso to support weight and repositioning levers for proper alignment.

Also, pretend you're playing the piano with your fingers. If you can't wiggle your fingers, you either have a death grip on the bars or your wrists are misaligned...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts