Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to make a tough decision and sell my bike. I was only riding it about three times a week once I got hired for a new company, so it was hard to justify having it while still driving a Nissan Maxima with 170k on the odo. So here I am one month later.....with this!

It's a 2006 Nissan 350z. 60k miles, 6 speed manual, aftermarket exhaust and cold air filter for you car lovers. As much as I miss the SV, I made sure to replace it with something else I'd love. I'll be back to the bike world in a few years, so until then-this is my new baby. Miss this forum, I've found car forums aren't quite as welcoming or as helpful.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Congrats man. I'm driving a 2003 Nissan Maxima with 118,000 miles and a 2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO. I love the Duc. The car is just a conveyance.

I dig the 350/370Z though. I've driven a few of them and they do impress me.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Congrats! You'll be riding again soon enough...the itch will become too much. In the meantime, hang around and lend your knowledge and experience ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I drove a friends Z, test drove a few, and knew I wouldnt be happy with any other car. I don't think people realize how affordable they really are either. Wearing a suit to work and leaving the bike home every day sort of changes priorities, but hopefully in the future I'll have time to get another bike that'd I'd probably dedicate to track only.

Yeah, if you're thinking of a Z though, it truly is a really fun car. Great reliability too from what I've heard.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Haha I went the other way around. From an SVT Lightning to the bike. Still have the truck, which I really need to sell. I'm just lazy.

Anyway, been good to know ya. You were always one of the cool ones. :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate that StrigaMort. Glad you stuck around after being, in my opinion, traumatically bashed about being too nervous to ride the bike on the highway haha. I've always liked you. Anyway, I'll still be around the forum! Just wanted to show off my new toy.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Appreciate that StrigaMort. Glad you stuck around after being, in my opinion, traumatically bashed about being too nervous to ride the bike on the highway haha. I've always liked you. Anyway, I'll still be around the forum! Just wanted to show off my new toy.
Cool man. Yeah I shrug stuff like that off. Chances are I've put more miles on my bike, since that thread, than most people here put on theirs all summer, or even all year. :vroom:

Btw, my first car, and I know it shares nothing with yours but a name, was a 77 280Z. What a great car that was! 2+2 vinyl seating, smooth fi inline 6, great 5 speed and thoughtful touches like a light in the engine compartment that could be twisted off then pulled out and placed wherever you needed it. Too bad I got t-boned by a city bus. :(

Great looking car yours. I've always wanted to drive one.

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
I had to make a tough decision and sell my bike. I was only riding it about three times a week once I got hired for a new company, so it was hard to justify having it while still driving a Nissan Maxima with 170k on the odo. So here I am one month later.....with this!

It's a 2006 Nissan 350z. 60k miles, 6 speed manual, aftermarket exhaust and cold air filter for you car lovers. As much as I miss the SV, I made sure to replace it with something else I'd love. I'll be back to the bike world in a few years, so until then-this is my new baby. Miss this forum, I've found car forums aren't quite as welcoming or as helpful.
Sweet ride. There was a tricked out 350Z running 1:00 around Lime Rock at my last track day, which is really fast for a street car.

Check your oil often. The VQ35 engines are known to consume oil.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, that doesnt surprise me at all! I raced M3's for a while, and while the 350z isn't necessarily as smooth on the track, you can definitely tell Nissan built it for that. It's a fast car stock, but with a lot of money, you can make it extremely competitive on a track. Thanks for the heads up about the oil golden!

Striga, those 280's were fantastic cars. My dad had a 300zx when I was little. The Z series are all overall, really great and reliable cars.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice looking Z, I used to have a twinturbo 300zx. Loved that car, only complaint is it felt a little porky. I've always wanted to drive one of the new z's though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts