Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is me being a photowhore with my DR-z, I just finished all my mods till winter. :)

Before...

After...

·
MOTORADOR
10,954 Posts
Ya' whore.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Shouldn't the brake line be routed inside the fender?
Guess it doesn't matter much if the bike doesn't see off-road.
Looks good though! Much better than the barbed-wire scheme on them

Now it's time to spend the $$ where it counts- FCR, Full Yosh or MRD exhaust at a minimum. You'll be happy you did. Stock DRZ's always felt so asthmatic to me.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is the stock routing for the brake line. I always thought it looked goofy but there is nowhere else to route it. I am sending the motor to Sisnero speedworks for the 50 HP kit this winter, that gets me a new cylinder and piston + stage 1 hot cams + MRD/SSW pipe and a rejet. :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
My roommate used to have a DRZ 400SM alot like yours, and a 50 HP kit would be so much fun its hard to describe. He bought a KTM 525 Supermoto just for that reason.

Sweet bike!

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I am sending the motor to Sisnero speedworks for the 50 HP kit this winter, that gets me a new cylinder and piston + stage 1 hot cams + MRD/SSW pipe and a rejet. :)
You, sir, are going to be VERY happy regarding this decision. :rock:
:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For what it does to the DRZ it is a steal. Plus if I bought all those parts and did it myself it would cost the same and it would be me putting it together not a professional.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks about like mine, minus the red. The SSW 50hp kit is definitely priced well. But an fcr, pipe, and cams can get you a decent power increase and huge throttle response increase. What do you have done to it so far?

Sent from my XT862 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I still have the rack but I am going to hang on tonight for a little while.

3x3 airbox mod, rejetted, Acerbis SM front fender, rim tape, custom seat cover, SS front brake line, debadged, plate relocate, DIY LED turn signals, new chain and sprockets +2 rear, polisport hand guards, motion pro throttle tube.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was just over there. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice supermoto. I think I'm going to grab one of those next year to save some money on insurance/fuel and to keep the mileage off the SV.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts