Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I'm one of those that hasn't acquired the skill of working on my own equipment and rely on others. Having said that, I turn to the board for some advice.
I got my sv650n out of strorage last week and rode it only about 15 miles. Everything was fine. Today I got to start it and every light is working fine and the fuel pump turns on, but when I try to start it, I get nothing. I did notice the head light dims when I try to start it.
It is on a trickle charger, though that just read it was charged and I got the same result. I placed it back on the charger for a longer stretch and will tryi it later.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,

VT

·
Registered
90 Posts
Check the connections with the clutch and kickstand killswitches. They had me pulling all kinds of stuff apart once trying to figure out why she wouldn't start. Put some dielectric grease on the prongs also.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
yeah i would start with all the little safetey switch things, make sure your not in first gear with the kickstand down...ive seen someone freak out over that, but if everythings working and it just wont start start checking the starter and related relays and such

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
..and not in gear if the stand is down..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Check the voltage of your "charged" battery, first. It needs to be 12v+. You said you got the bike out of storage recently and you are describing what could be dead battery symptoms. Don't ignore the easy stuff... A little wall-wart Battery tender won't perform miracles.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
It's the tiny plug under the clutch perch for the clutch safety switch. Check it by pulling it off, check the 2 tiny bayonnets and make sure they are straight and not bent up then plug it back in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SVRider.com to the rescue. Thanks to everyone for the quick feedback and ideas. When my daughter and I were cleaning it, one of us unplugged the clutch.
I'm all set now, thanks again for all the responses.

VT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts