Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending some time with ebay, forums, salvage yards, i'm starting to realize that either yellow is the safest bike out there or there weren't that many sold. I can't find any plastics for a yellow 2004, most of the colors come in blue, silver with occasional copper and 2005 yellow. I especially need a front cowel, but lower fairings would be great as well.Anyone else having trouble finding parts? ??? :(

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The yellow was pretty popular, there are quite a few that I know of around where I live. But I think that if you crash your fairings are the first thing to get damaged so it makes sense that there wouldn't be a lot of them being sold as salvage. You'll probably have to buy either new OEM or aftermarket and get it painted.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ahem, actually, my local dealers are literally throwing the yellows out for about 1200 less than the blue.... Maybe just my area, but the SV's aren't really selling in yellow here, the Gixxers and CBR's are abundant though, figure the odds.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My dealer has 2 '04's for 5199, one in East Moline, IL the other in Bettendorf IA

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how about for parts though? For some reason, most of the parts i find are copper and blue. ??? :p

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
As someone stated in their sig line, Blue may be the fastest color, but it is also more effected by gravity. Yellow handles better. Less dents and scrapes, less demand for replacement bodywork. :p Now if I could only make my insurance agent understand that simple concept...

·
Registered
67 Posts
MagpieTear said:
As someone stated in their sig line, Blue may be the fastest color, but it is also more effected by gravity.
Gah, you found our secret. It's not easy putting all that extra blue power to the ground. The wheelspin is helacious... :eek: ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
treoff said:
Only the best riders have the yellow ones. No tip/tip.  ;)
Ahh yes, if I remember correctly I believe that the yellow came with the super ultra mega race suspensions, hence the better handling, and added protection from fallingdownontheground syndrome. ;D ;D ;D. That's why I picked it over copper.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an04 Yellow SVS, and i havent seen another yellow one around me. Either copper or blue, oh and one silver.

·
Registered
231 Posts
treoff said:
When I went to get my Yellow Sv in '04 it was the last one left.
Ditto! What treoff just said. 8)

·
Registered
597 Posts
jonesy said:
But isn't yellow the universal color for cowardice.
Yea, if you still use slang from the 1950s.

Edit : "Yellow" the word is a slang for cowardice. Kinda like "blue" is feeling down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got an '04 yellow. Just finished putting race bodywork on it. I've got a whole box of extra parts including mint condition plastics (we'll they'll be mint condition when I wash them). Unfortunately, I don't have the lowers.

Jody

1 - 20 of 24 Posts